db2 Redhat 3.0 AMD 64 bit - db2cc problems

dunleav1

Aug 16, 2005, 9:55:16 AM8/16/05
I have an AMD Redhat 3.0 machine that is 64 bit.
My kernel level is 2.4.21-21.0.1.
I downloaded C58SBML.tar off of IBM's website. C58DBML.tar is listed as
the 64 bit version of DB2 with the 2.4 Linux kernel support.

I perform the install as root and the install works line. DB2 seems to
be installed with no errors.

When I log in as db2inst1 and try to run db2cc I get the following
error.
#db2cc
db2cc: command not found

So I add it to the $PATH.
#export PATH=/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin:$PATH
#db2cc

Then I get a Java exception.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't find
library db2cmn (libdb2jcmn.so)
So I modify LD_LIBARY_PATH to include the db2 shared libraries.
#export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/das/lib64:\
/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/lib:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/das/lib

Then I get another error.
CLI0622E: Error accessing JDBC administration service extensions.

Now what do I do? There seems to be nothing in the documentation...
Thanks,
JD

Darin McBride

Aug 16, 2005, 12:03:54 PM8/16/05
dunleav1 wrote:

> I have an AMD Redhat 3.0 machine that is 64 bit.
> My kernel level is 2.4.21-21.0.1.
> I downloaded C58SBML.tar off of IBM's website. C58DBML.tar is listed as
> the 64 bit version of DB2 with the 2.4 Linux kernel support.
>
> I perform the install as root and the install works line. DB2 seems to
> be installed with no errors.
>
> When I log in as db2inst1 and try to run db2cc I get the following
> error.
> #db2cc
> db2cc: command not found
>
> So I add it to the $PATH.
> #export PATH=/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin:$PATH
> #db2cc

1. Don't add the install directory to your PATH.
2. Don't do anything with root other than the stuff
in /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/instance. You should be a non-privileged user that
has authorisation to do what you want to do. For example, the instance
owner. (Generally speaking, only root has a prompt of # - other users have
a prompt of $, thus it looks like you're still root)
3. Look in the documentation for "db2profile". It sets up your environment
- again, don't do this as root. The instance owner should already have
this in its .bashrc, if the .bashrc file exists at all.

> Then I get a Java exception.
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't find
> library db2cmn (libdb2jcmn.so)
> So I modify LD_LIBARY_PATH to include the db2 shared libraries.
> #export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/das/lib64:\
> /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/lib:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/das/lib
>
> Then I get another error.
> CLI0622E: Error accessing JDBC administration service extensions.

4. Determine what type of instance you created - 32-bit or 64-bit. Run
db2level. Ensure you have that type of Java installed - if a 64-bit
instance, you need a 64-bit Java. DB2 comes with the 32-bit Java as part
of the install, but the 64-bit Java should be available on the 64-bit Java
CD. If you don't have the CDs, you should still be able to get the 64-bit
Java from somewhere on IBM's website.
I expect that you have a 64-bit instance, and that Control Center is not
supported on 64-bit instances at the fixpack level you have installed (I'm
not sure that they're supported on Linux/AMD64 at any fixpack level off the
top of my head). You can switch your instance to 32-bit using
"/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/instance/db2iupdt -w 32 db2inst1" as root. Or you can
leave your instance as 64-bit, and create a new 32-bit instance to use for
accessing the control center.

dunleav1

Aug 16, 2005, 12:42:20 PM8/16/05
I did the install as root. I'm not trying to run db2cc as root. I'm
trying to run db2cc as db2inst1 (the instance owner).

I chose a 64 bit instance during the install. However using db2level it
shows a 32 bit instance.

I downloaded the db2 installation off the ibm partner website and ran
db2setup.
db2setup installed the java first in my path.
$java -version
java version "1.4.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard edition (build 1.4.1)

The install created 64 bit shared libraries under the db2 main code
directory:
/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/das/lib64
However, I don't see any 64 bit libraries under the Java directory that
the ibm install
performed.

So here's what I got so far:
I download a 64 bit V8.2 of DB2 and it installs:
V8.1 instead of V8.2.
32 bit JVM not a 64 bit JVM
Installer choice of 64 bit instance creates 32 bit instance instead.
non working gui environment. db2cc, etc..

Is that correct ?
Does anyone run db2 V8.2 64 bit on AMD processor on Redhat 3.0
successfully?

dunleav1

Aug 16, 2005, 3:55:38 PM8/16/05
I downloaded the newest 64 bit SDK, installed it.
I uninstalled db2 and then reinstalled the C58SBML.tar - Db2
distribution.
When I run a db2level I get:
$db2level
DB21085I Instance "db2inst2" uses "64" bits and DB2 code release
"SQL08020"
with level identifier "03010106".
Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.1.64", "s040812", "MI00089", and
FixPak "7".
Product is installed at "/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1".

The gui tools still don't work. I get a message
$dbcc

CLI0622E: Error accessing JDBC administration service extensions.

$db2fs
Can't load library /home/db2inst2/sqllib/lin/db2fstep

Any ideas ?