Testing in Singapore

Fraser Dinnis

Feb 4, 2004, 8:17:17 PM2/4/04
A company called Matrixview is currently piloting a new compression
technology called Adaptive Binary Optimisation ('ABO') in Singapore.
The methodology that lies behind this focused on bit-plane
architecture which generates lossless compression at a significantly
higher compression ratio than alternatives (at least any I have heard
of). For example they are achieving over 30x lossless compression on
electrocardiographs. Additionally, they are launching test kits today
to selected partners for documentation applications.

I'll communicate more as things become clearer. Anyone familiar with
these guys?

Tom St Denis

Feb 4, 2004, 8:33:41 PM2/4/04

"Fraser Dinnis" <fra...@cozzee.com> wrote in message
> A company called SuckMyBalls is currently piloting a new compression
> technology called Abusing Social Systems Having Aggressive Tatics
('ASSHAT') in Singapore.

This post came from Singapore via google. I wonder... could this possibly
be a spam?

Tom

Guenther von Knakspott

Feb 5, 2004, 1:51:58 AM2/5/04
according to their "whitepaper" bottom of page 8 they have "taken
Shannons theory a step further and shown that data can be transmitted
independent of channel restrictions". Wow, it sounds as if somebody
finally found the Holy Grial !!! Does anybody know where they sell
these "Compression technology breaktrhrough startup company do it your
self" kits?

http://www.matrixview.net/downloads/whitepaper.pdf

Fraser Dinnis

Feb 5, 2004, 4:47:58 AM2/5/04
Firstly, you can check out the company at www.matrixview.net
Secondly, the reason that I sent this from google in Singapore is (as
I am sure you are aware) that it is more convenient to access
newsgroups this way in Singapore owing to censorship laws.
Finally, since I provided my email address (and please dont bother
abusing it as I have good anti-spam software) I think that it is clear
that I wasn't hiding anything.
I remain hopeful that this newsgroup is a forum for some substantive
discussion.
regards, Fraser

Tom St Denis

Feb 5, 2004, 6:11:04 AM2/5/04

"Fraser Dinnis" <fra...@cozzee.com> wrote in message
> Firstly, you can check out the company at www.snapper.net

> Secondly, the reason that I sent this from google in Singapore is (as
> I am sure you are aware) that it is more convenient to access
> newsgroups this way in Singapore owing to censorship laws.
> Finally, since I provided my email address (and please dont bother
> abusing it as I have good anti-spam software) I think that it is clear
> that I wasn't hiding anything.

Wasn't hiding anything. That's why you're original post was meant to look
like you stumbled accross this new company and wanted more info. I'll
quote.

"I'll communicate more as things become clearer. Anyone familiar with
these guys?"

Seeing how you're from the company you're just trying to drum up attention
by looking like an innocent third party. The funny thing is you think this
is original and that nobody has done it before. In fact this happens quite
often in sci.crypt in the form of

"Hey guys, I just found unbreakable encryption software at www.somesite.com,
any comments?"

And the link will be to a company peddling snake oil. The person almost
always directly tied to the company [often squeals when cornered].

So why don't you just stop pretending that you're legit and go hide your
M@trixVi3w software where the sun don't shine.

Tom

Raymond Wan

Feb 9, 2004, 11:36:33 PM2/9/04

On 5 Feb 2004, Fraser Dinnis wrote:
> Firstly, you can check out the company at www.matrixview.net
> Secondly, the reason that I sent this from google in Singapore is (as
> I am sure you are aware) that it is more convenient to access
> newsgroups this way in Singapore owing to censorship laws.
> Finally, since I provided my email address (and please dont bother
> abusing it as I have good anti-spam software) I think that it is clear
> that I wasn't hiding anything.
> I remain hopeful that this newsgroup is a forum for some substantive
> discussion.

Discussion for what reason? A company has come up with an idea
and are selling it. I don't see what is there to discuss -- unless you
plan to buy their product and are asking for suggestions. Your original
post didn't seem to indicate this, as Tom pointed out already.

And BTW, anti-spam software stops spam. It wouldn't stop someone
from sending you 100 private messages, regardless of how good your
anti-spam software is. Not that anyone here would do that -- who has the
time? :)

Ray

Charles Evens

Feb 11, 2004, 4:18:10 PM2/11/04
Raymond Wan wrote:
> Firstly, you can check out the company at www.matrixview.net
> Secondly, the reason that I sent this from google in Singapore is (as
> I am sure you are aware) that it is more convenient to access
> newsgroups this way in Singapore owing to censorship laws.
> Finally, since I provided my email address (and please dont bother
> abusing it as I have good anti-spam software) I think that it is clear
> that I wasn't hiding anything.
> I remain hopeful that this newsgroup is a forum for some substantive
> discussion.

According to their site, they claim to have made a technology breakthrough!
Well, they have... and their site PROVES it! They are the VERY first ever
site to post complete horse shit, and allow the end-user to actually smell
it remotely... without the use of scratch & sniff!

-Charles

Raymond Wan

Feb 11, 2004, 8:50:35 PM2/11/04

Hi Charles,

I'd just like to point out that I didn't post what you quoted; but
I posted a reply to it. I think the distinction is important given what
it says. :)

Ray

Charles Evens

Feb 12, 2004, 11:49:46 AM2/12/04

Raymond Wan wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> I'd just like to point out that I didn't post what you quoted; but
> I posted a reply to it. I think the distinction is important given what
> it says. :)

Sorry Raymond, my apologizes! 8^)

-Charles

Tim Arheit

Feb 12, 2004, 12:37:43 PM2/12/04

Don't waste your time with them. Their claims (30x-300x compression)
don't even match their description of the technology (1-bit per pixel
is not 30x-300x compression). An it has all the typical signs of
false/non working compression schemes we've seen over the years (no
working demos, no real information, no other product, the company is
only 2 years old, and the first point of business always seems to be
to run out and have a web site.)

You'll find most people in this group will be very wary of such
incredible (or should we say uncredible) claims and actual proof is
needed (in the form of working software hopefully.). Even a simple
demo would suffice, just a simple program that compresses 640x480
24-bit color photos 30x-300x losslessly (and decompresses them or
course).

-Tim

Raymond Wan

Feb 12, 2004, 8:22:49 PM2/12/04

That's quite alright. Now, if someone else posts a new
state-of-the-art algorithm, but you attribute it to me by accident, I
won't correct you. :-)

Ray