entropy of a ternary file with conditions

LawCounsels

Mar 6, 2012, 7:29:05 AM3/6/12
Greetings :

continuing from Pierre's threads
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.compression/browse_thread/thread/f2d1beb9858e1d75?hl=en#

In a ternary file with symbols a b c

only condition here is total# of c ALWAYS exact = total# b + 2 & this
occurs only at EOF , ie at any stage IF progressive total# c
becomes = progressive # b + 2 then file ends .

[ total# a unrestricted , usually around same as total# b BUT this is
irrelevant ]

What is the entropy of a file with N symbols ( total # a + total # b +
total # c = N , which is N * 1.5 binary bits ) , and how best
practical encode smallest possible ( than N * 1.5 binary bits ) ?

THIS WILL HAVE IMMEDIATE VERY PRACTICAL SIGNIFICANCE not merely
intellectual exercise

LawCounsels

Fibonacci Code

Apr 28, 2012, 12:36:31 PM4/28/12
On Mar 6, 8:29 pm, LawCounsels <LawCouns...@aol.com> wrote:
> Greetings :
>
> continuing from Pierre's threadshttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.compression/browse_thread/thread/...
>
> In a ternary file with symbols a b c
>
> only condition here is total# of c ALWAYS exact = total# b + 2  & this
> occurs only at EOF , ie    at any stage IF progressive total# c
> becomes = progressive # b  + 2    then file ends .
>
> [ total# a  unrestricted , usually around same as total# b BUT this is
> irrelevant ]
>
> What is the entropy of a file with N symbols ( total # a + total # b +
> total # c = N , which is N * 1.5 binary bits ) , and how best
> practical encode smallest possible  ( than N * 1.5 binary bits ) ?
>
> THIS WILL HAVE IMMEDIATE VERY PRACTICAL SIGNIFICANCE not merely
> intellectual exercise
>
> LawCounsels

Tenary storing is 1.584965 bit per symbol, it is not possible to
encode ternary to 1.5

There is no transform that can ensure that c is + 2 of b, you can
ensure that by append your extra 2 c

No, it won't change anything.

You can help me back either, if you can hide the sign bit of any
string sequence without increase its size, I can show you method that
is far more advance.

Regards,
Raymond