Camworks

JKimmel

Jul 27, 2006, 2:02:49 PM7/27/06
Well, the $21000 Camworks software has arrived. I have three days to
learn it before the 5 axis router gets here. We still haven't hired the
machinist to run the router yet. Any machinists familiar with Haas
routers looking for work in the Portland area? You won't be familiar
with Haas 5 axis routers, since this is the first one. Go to our web
page, send a resume to the "mii" address.
--
J Kimmel
myn...@whereIwork.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.

ken....@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2006, 2:53:05 PM7/27/06
Any chance you could give us a daily/weekly journal of your exploits?
Sounds like it will be a good read.

sjm1...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2006, 10:03:44 PM7/27/06
just curious, but what sort of salary, ...say for a person with 4+
years Camworks with the multiaxis addins?

Who's handling your postprocesser setup and editing?

I wanted to add earlier...

I thought you and your new hire should attend the Camworks classes and
all training together, you would get to know each other while working
for a common goal.

....oh yeah, hire someone you could get along with and like.

Scott

Cliff

Jul 28, 2006, 9:30:38 AM7/28/06
On 27 Jul 2006 19:03:44 -0700, sjm1...@gmail.com wrote:

>....oh yeah, hire someone you could get along with and like.

Do they need guns?
--
Cliff

sjm1...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2006, 9:41:10 AM7/28/06
...that was the golf question again.

Scott

brewertr

Jul 28, 2006, 11:06:30 AM7/28/06
Cliff,

They are looking for someone with experience that knows the difference
between G02 and G03 so Cliff, you need not apply.

Funny you worry about guns in the work place, you had a lot of people
mad at you and chasing you around the plant when you use to work?
Fully understandable with that sample code you posted, two lines of
code with 5 mistakes where you still insist a counter clockwise move is
G02.

Tom

Bill

Jul 28, 2006, 11:54:50 AM7/28/06

JKimmel wrote:
> Well, the $21000 Camworks software has arrived. I have three days to
> learn it before the 5 axis router gets here. We still haven't hired the
> machinist to run the router yet. Any machinists familiar with Haas
> routers looking for work in the Portland area? You won't be familiar
> with Haas 5 axis routers, since this is the first one. Go to our web
> page, send a resume to the "mii" address.

Cough!...choke!... gasp!... $21k??? For Camworks? Ouch. I assume it
includes the base SW as well. Moving on...

Be sure to call Haas Applications for issues concerning pivot distance
settings and proper gcode output. What's the model number of this
machine? For the post, I can assume camworks will provide that?

--
Bill

Cliff

Jul 28, 2006, 5:27:02 PM7/28/06
On 28 Jul 2006 08:06:30 -0700, "brewertr" <brew...@aol.com> wrote:

>counter clockwise move is G02.

FREE CLUE: The clockwise one is <G>.
Ask your new bestest buddy .... LOL ... he can
flip a coin ....
--
Cliff

brewertr

Jul 28, 2006, 5:36:45 PM7/28/06
Cliff,

Normal Troll tactic of yours, snip someones post so it takes on a
different meaning and context.

>with that sample code you posted, two lines of
>code with 5 mistakes where you still insist a

>counter clockwise move is G02.

Tom

The statement was

Cliff

Jul 28, 2006, 5:54:53 PM7/28/06
On 28 Jul 2006 14:36:45 -0700, "brewertr" <brew...@aol.com> wrote:

>Cliff,
>
>Normal Troll tactic of yours, snip someones post so it takes on a
>different meaning and context.

Seemed clear enough if you were following along.
How are you confused today?

>>with that sample code you posted, two lines of
>>code with 5 mistakes where you still insist a
>>counter clockwise move is G02.
>
>Tom
>
>The statement was
>Cliff wrote:
>> On 28 Jul 2006 08:06:30 -0700, "brewertr" <brew...@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> >counter clockwise move is G02.
>>
>> FREE CLUE: The clockwise one is <G>.

And it still seems to be.

>> Ask your new bestest buddy .... LOL ... he can
>> flip a coin ....

No help yet?

BTW, Thought you were learning how to bottom-post.
Catch something from slow-learner & bestest new buddy jb?
--
Cliff

brewertr

Jul 28, 2006, 6:03:10 PM7/28/06
Cliff wrote:

> Seemed clear enough if you were following along.

Clear enough it was just another of your Troll tactics also known as a
Cliffism.

Tom

Cliff

Jul 28, 2006, 6:15:24 PM7/28/06
On 28 Jul 2006 15:03:10 -0700, "brewertr" <brew...@aol.com> wrote:

>Cliff wrote:

He just had to snip, right?

>> Seemed clear enough if you were following along.
>
>Clear enough

IOW You could find nothing wrong but needed bait <g>.

>it was just another of your Troll tactics also known as a
>Cliffism.

Last I knew clockwise usually remained clockwise (probable
exceptions in Lintland).
Does this have anything to do with your negative diameters &
resultant inspection problems?

BTW, better job on the bottom-posting this time.
--
Cliff

brewertr

Jul 28, 2006, 7:01:39 PM7/28/06
Cliff wrote:

> Last I knew clockwise usually remained clockwise (probable
> exceptions in Lintland).

In Cliffie lintland G02 is counter clockwise and he is sticking to that
story.

> Does this have anything to do with your negative diameters &
> resultant inspection problems?

Just because you don't understand programming on a CNC Gang Tool
Machine. There are no negative diameters but there are often X- program
points.

You wouldn't even listen to Dan Murphy who is a factory representative
and a process engineer when he explained it to you. You jump to your
normal wrong conclusions and misconceptions of how a CNC Lathe works.

You represent yourself as an expert but you have never programmed a CNC
Lathe nor I suspect any CNC. The two lines of code you did post had 5
mistakes in it. You not knowing the difference between clockwise and
counter clockwise was only one of the five mistakes.

Tom

Cliff

Jul 28, 2006, 7:41:17 PM7/28/06
On 28 Jul 2006 16:01:39 -0700, "brewertr" <brew...@aol.com> wrote:

>Cliff wrote:
>>
>> Last I knew clockwise usually remained clockwise (probable
>> exceptions in Lintland).
>
>In Cliffie lintland G02 is counter clockwise and he is sticking to that
>story.

Except I went clockwise <G>.

>> Does this have anything to do with your negative diameters &
>> resultant inspection problems?
>
>Just because you don't understand programming on a CNC Gang Tool
>Machine.

Not where you used negative diameters <GGG>.

>There are no negative diameters

But you were using "diameter programming" with them ....

>but there are often X- program
>points.

Random numbers too.

>You wouldn't even listen to Dan Murphy who is a factory representative
>and a process engineer when he explained it to you.

LOL .... with control options you don't have & did not even try to use .....

>You jump to your
>normal wrong conclusions and misconceptions of how a CNC Lathe works.

Keep your fingers out of he whirley bits?

>You represent yourself as an expert but you have never programmed a CNC
>Lathe nor I suspect any CNC. The two lines of code you did post had 5
>mistakes in it. You not knowing the difference between clockwise and
>counter clockwise was only one of the five mistakes.

<Snort>
--
Cliff

brewertr

Jul 28, 2006, 7:57:13 PM7/28/06
Cliff wrote:

> >In Cliffie lintland G02 is counter clockwise and he is sticking to that
> >story.
>
> Except I went clockwise <G>.

No, you did not go clockwise, your start and end points were counter
clockwise.

You say you programmed to the standard but you can't post a single make
or model lathe built within the last 20 years where your counter
clockwise move becomes clockwise.

Tom

brewertr

Jul 28, 2006, 8:00:12 PM7/28/06
Cliff wrote:
> >You represent yourself as an expert but you have never programmed a CNC
> >Lathe nor I suspect any CNC. The two lines of code you did post had 5
> >mistakes in it. You not knowing the difference between clockwise and
> >counter clockwise was only one of the five mistakes.
>
> <Snort>

Cliff,

Isn't it getting a little late?
Shouldn't you be getting ready for your night security watch?

Tom

D Murphy

Jul 28, 2006, 9:32:05 PM7/28/06
Cliff <Clhu...@aol.com> wrote in news:7s2lc29acab1i4bkgn0br26uo9vip18961@
4ax.com:

> Last I knew clockwise usually remained clockwise

It's your watch that's the problem.

<http://www.welovemacs.com/alogowb.html>

--

Dan

Scopulus est usquequaque nefas

brewertr

Jul 28, 2006, 11:18:36 PM7/28/06

Cliff

Jul 29, 2006, 2:43:26 AM7/29/06

D Murphy

Jul 29, 2006, 2:50:30 AM7/29/06
"brewertr" <brew...@aol.com> wrote in

> Dan,
>
> This is the watch for Cliff:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8922089474&category=
> 31387

LOL.

I thought it was going to be Mickey, but that works too.

Jul 31, 2006, 1:53:11 PM7/31/06
D Murphy wrote:
> "brewertr" <brew...@aol.com> wrote in
>
>> Dan,
>>
>> This is the watch for Cliff:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8922089474&category=
>> 31387
>
> LOL.
>
> I thought it was going to be Mickey, but that works too.

Just a though but is clockwise in Australia counterclockwise here or the
other way around.