How many here have gotten quotes for parts online using sldprt / slddrw files?

g...@rfqboard.com

Mar 21, 2008, 6:37:49 PM3/21/08
We've just launched a new site, RFQBoard.com. The system was set up
to facilitate a more effective quoting process for engineering and
manufacturing-type jobs.

Our current focus is finding prospective buyers and suppliers around
the country who are in need of a free, alternative online community to
link up with one another based on real-time needs and capacities. We
also are looking for feedback from you, regarding ways that this
system can better serve the US manufacturing and engineering
communities. Drop by and let us know what you think, and what
Solidworks related features and job categories you'd like to see added
in the future.

That70sTick

Mar 21, 2008, 7:07:53 PM3/21/08
We keep SW files in house where they belong. Vendors get IGES/
parasolid/STEP for 3D and PDF for 2D.

Cliff

Mar 22, 2008, 1:21:40 PM3/22/08
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:37:49 -0700 (PDT), g...@rfqboard.com wrote:

> RFQBoard.com

Domain Registration data is incomplete (or perhaps false as far as it goes):
http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=whois&host=RFQBoard.com
though Zip code 44124 actually is in Cleveland, OH.

"According to our research of public records there were 3 registered sex
offenders living in 44124 zip code in early 2007." (an odd Google hit on the
Zip code <g>).

See: http://www.icann.org/announcements/advisory-10may02.htm

That domain name as registered could be terminated for bad data.

http://wdprs.internic.net/

Traceroute to RFQBoard.com fails so perhaps it's gone ?

HTH
--
Cliff