Re: tscmd31.zip Useful NT/2000/XP script tricks and tips

Dr John Stockton

Sep 26, 2005, 2:31:02 PM9/26/05
JRS: In article <ts20050925...@loisto.uwasa.fi>, dated Sun, 25
Sep 2005 18:54:23, seen in news:alt.msdos.batch.nt, Timo Salmi
<t...@UWasa.Fi> posted :
> 115} How can I decompose the path to be one folder per line?

or?
path | mtr -o -x+ - .*= = "" ; = \r\n MiniTrue
or?
path | sed -e s/.*=// -e s/;/\r\n/g

which work in Win98 and AFAICS ought to elsewhere.

> 116} How do I get a list all the *.BAT files which are at path?

or?
HUNT *.bat x p1 e o
and (not recommended) HUNT *.bat x p e "" n will execute them all.

I find MiniTrue useful for viewing/searching/altering files, at a DOS prompt;
free, DOS/Win/UNIX, <URL:http://www.idiotsdelight.net/minitrue/>

Timo Salmi

Sep 27, 2005, 12:47:41 AM9/27/05
In article <uatXKdCm...@merlyn.demon.co.uk>,

Dr John Stockton <repl...@merlyn.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Timo Salmi <t...@UWasa.Fi> posted :
> > 115} How can I decompose the path to be one folder per line?
>
> or?
> path | mtr -o -x+ - .*= = "" ; = \r\n MiniTrue
> or?
> path | sed -e s/.*=// -e s/;/\r\n/g

Thanks, John. I included the sed solution for the next update.

> which work in Win98 and AFAICS ought to elsewhere.
>

> > 116} How do I get a list all the *.BAT files which are at path?
>
> or?
> HUNT *.bat x p1 e o
> and (not recommended) HUNT *.bat x p e "" n will execute them all.

I also included the reference to your posting.

(alt.msdos.batch.nt added)

All the best, Timo

Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
mailto:t...@uwasa.fi <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FIN-65101, Finland
Useful script files and tricks ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tscmd.zip