For God's sake !! It did not work at all !!!

matadou...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2007, 4:03:02 PM12/6/07
Hello buddies,

I loved surely all of you have written herein and hence, I would like
to thank everyone of you.
BUT, I am an ongoing process of trail and error with such a trouble.
So, my WebPACK 9.2i updated on the process generate programming file,
at Configure Device IMPACT, I got a couple of sad warnings came out
and these are as follows

Process "Configure Device (iMPACT)" completed successfully
// *** BATCH CMD : setMode -bs
// *** BATCH CMD : setMode -bs
GUI --- Auto connect to cable...
// *** BATCH CMD : setCable -port auto
AutoDetecting cable. Please wait.
PROGRESS_START - Starting Operation.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport0).
Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic.
WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the
cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport1).
Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic.
WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the
cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport2).
Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic.
WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the
cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Parallel Port - parport3).
Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic.
WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the
cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648.
Cable connection failed.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic.
WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the
cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648.
Cable connection failed.
PROGRESS_END - End Operation.
Elapsed time = 0 sec.
Cable autodetection failed.
WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !// ***
BATCH CMD : setCable -port ttyS0 -baud -1
Reusing A0018001 key.
Reusing 24018001 key.
Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Checking cable driver.
Linux release = 2.6.22-14-generic.
WARNING:iMPACT - Module windrvr6 is not loaded. Please reinstall the
cable drivers. See Answer Record 22648.
Cable connection failed.

Till now, I have ever updated xusbdfwu.hex file to 1025 one and
nothing happened !! I got this from my lsmod,

awallon@AWALLON:~/Documents/SOFTWAREs/XILINX$ lsmod | grep par
parport_pc 41896 0
parport 44172 3 ppdev,parport_pc,lp

I compiled usb-driver without any trouble !! I was just great at that
time !! lol
Ohh, we are talking about a Ubuntu x86_64 SO so far.

Another basic message,
awallon@AWALLON:~/Documents/SOFTWAREs/XILINX$ lsusb
Bus 007 Device 002: ID 03fd:0008 Xilinx, Inc.

And to finish, I window titled like Cable Communication Setup appers
whem I click with right button. So, inside of it, I set the
Communication Mode to Xilinx USB Cable and also the Port to usb1 which
appers. I believed all of this procedures could make me happy but
unfortunately I didn't !!!

Well, after lots of nightmares with windrvr6, I believe that someone
else could be give some lights about what the hell is going on ??
This probably is the major disvantage of Xilinx regarding the other
ones.

So, Please every information will be most welcome !!
Feel free to let me know about something

Hugs

Marco Hidalgo
Brazil

Please, send a reply to : awa...@ita.br

Cheers

Kevin Neilson

Dec 6, 2007, 4:53:07 PM12/6/07
matadou...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello buddies,
>
> I loved surely all of you have written herein and hence, I would like
> to thank everyone of you.
> Hugs
>

> Marco Hidalgo
> Brazil

"Hugs"? The engineering culture must be somewhat different down there
in Brasil. -Kevin

John_H

Dec 6, 2007, 5:38:26 PM12/6/07
> Please, send a reply to : awal...@ita.br
>
> Cheers

Maybe you could get better results from a different cable driver
setup. Look back at the thread started Feb 24th "Xilinx Platform
cable USB and impact on linux without windrvr" found here:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.fpga/browse_frm/thread/f149e5b6028e2c70

Symon

Dec 7, 2007, 5:04:32 AM12/7/07
"Kevin Neilson" <kevin_...@removethiscomcast.net> wrote in message

Hmmm, I notice Amma has been to Brazil...
Coincidence? I think not! :-)
Syms. xx