USB Vendor ID

djordj

Jul 13, 2007, 5:02:06 AM7/13/07
If I want to devel a USB HID device, I have to buy an USB Vendor ID or
there is an alternative?

I've seen that with FTDI chip I don't have to set that ID, as I suppose
they use their own Vendor ID.

martin griffith

Jul 13, 2007, 6:42:48 AM7/13/07

have a look here
http://www.obdev.at/products/avrusb/projects.html
they have an ID licenceing system as well

martin

Paul Burke

Jul 13, 2007, 8:06:48 AM7/13/07
martin griffith wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:02:06 GMT, in comp.arch.embedded djordj
> <djo...@despammed.com> wrote:
>
>> If I want to devel a USB HID device, I have to buy an USB Vendor ID or
>> there is an alternative?
have a look here

> http://www.obdev.at/products/avrusb/projects.html
> they have an ID licenceing system as well

Another one: http://www.voti.nl/shop/catalog.html

Roman

Jul 13, 2007, 7:54:50 PM7/13/07

djordj

Jul 15, 2007, 5:43:15 PM7/15/07
Roman formulated on sabato :

That's really nice!
But... is it legal to re-sell VID/PID ids?

RaceMouse

Jul 17, 2007, 4:19:29 PM7/17/07

djordj

Jul 18, 2007, 2:21:45 AM7/18/07
RaceMouse brought next idea :Thank you, Race.

At this stage, we're not interested in logo licenses, we only need to
get a VID for our products: I'm going to ask USB-IF discussion boards
about the legality of VID reselling, as I can't find anything on
usb.org.

I'll keep you update.