The Quantum Un-Civil War

Jack Sarfatti

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
to newph...@mail.msr-wetware.com

"Dr. Evan Harris Walker" wrote:

[Mark Gubrud says]

> >The dominant scientific paradigm presupposes that all observable
> >phenomena are physical and ultimately explainable in terms of physics.
> >In the case of consciousness, we do not have an explanation, but we
> >believe that is only because it is an extremely complex phenomenon,
> >with the additional complication that we are trying to understand
> >and explain ourselves. Nevertheless, we anticipate that a full
> >explanation will eventually be found in terms of ordinary physics.

[Jack]

Yes, all you need to do to explain consciousness is first to posit

1. de Broglie pilot-wave dualistic paradigm of material particles and quantum
waves

2. identification of the quantum de Broglie pilot-wave as the intrinsically
mental field. Intrinsic in exactly David Chalmers sense in Dec 1995 Scientific
American.

3. recognition that the direct back-action of the material particles on their
mental quantum pilot waves generates conscious experiences

3. violates standard quantum mechanics and in particular gives
signal-nonlocality since the self-organizing feedback-control loop between
mental pilot-wave and its material avoids the "sub-quantum heat death"
(Valentini's Cambridge Ph.D.).

[EHW]

> The measurement problem exists for this very reason

[Jack]

The measurement problem is a chimera.

[EHW]

> Quantum mechanics is so extensively correct and exact that it is felt that it
> should hold
> everywhere. That it should, so to speak, hold as a philosophy. Unfortunately,
> it has no mechanism that would allow single non-dispersed states to happen,
> contrary to what we see around us.

> In the case of Prof. Dr. Klaus Hepp's page that Ark pointed out to us, Hepp
> says
> under the heading: Quantum Theory of Measurement and the Brain,

> "I[t] has become fashionable to solve the open problems in the quantum theory
> of measurement by invoking a conscious observer. There are even models in
> prestigious journals, where the ``mind'' acts on the brain by reducing quantum
> probability amplitudes to classical probabilities."

> Here Hepp has accused the quantum consciousness people of using the mixed
> quantum-classical interaction trick to give rise to state vector collapse, and
> I was rushed last night too much to have detailed the flaw in this other than
> to point out that it is not the quantum consciousness people who have
> perpetrated that falsehood. The measurement problem exists for the very
> reason one must not suppose a mixed description of physical reality if one is
> to be consistent. One can always get a solution if one is willing to treat
> quantum mechanics as just a problem solver, and not as a philosophy that must
> hold everywhere.

> Now back to Gubrud. "The dominant scientific paradigm" he speaks of is
> quantum mechanics. With the standard model for the particles and fields, and
> tucking gravity in as a distortion of the metric, it has been shown to account
> for all phenomena we have data on.

[Jack Sarfatti]

True, with one notable exception: life. Of course both classical and quantum
physics describe important aspects of living organizations of matter, but not
all aspects. Quantum physics correctly explains how x-rays, PET scans, MRI's etc
work. It does not, however, come even close to explaining how we have
consciousness.

[EHW]

> But it still has this problem that its linearity will not let it give any
> single states. But we know that we see single states when things get to the
> conscious level. This is the
> measurement problem.

[Jack Sarfatti]

As a simple read of Bohm and Hiley's "The Undivided Universe" will show, Bohm
did not abandon the quantum potential Q of his deterministically chaotic "causal
theory" as EHW claimed elsewhere, and he provides a simple alternative to the
"collapse" of the measurement problem in terms of occupied and empty "channels"
(eigenfunctions of the observable operator that the experiment is set up to
detect) since there is a real material Bohm point "trajectory" in configuration
space that is absent in the Bohr inspired pictures or informal interpretations
(including many worlds with no collapse and no "single state").

[EHW]

> And this is one reason that we Quantum Consciousness people feel that -- since
> consciousness was left out of that grand standard quantum model anyway --
> maybe consciousness has something to do with state vector collapse.

[Jack]

Correction, the "Quantum Consciousness Community" has split into an "Un-Civil
War" between the Bohrians and the Bohmians. EHW is a Bohrian. I am a Bohmian.

[EHW]

> But even if you believe this, it is not enough to just say that. You have to
> come up with a way for it to work -- (1) bringing about state vector collapse,
> on the one hand,

[Jack]

No, there is a superior alternative with no collapse.

[EHW]

> and (2) explaining the phenomenology of conscious experience on the other --
> while incidentially showing (3) why consciousness should be associated with
> the brain.

[Jack]

Yes, that piece of the whole is crudely correct, but in the wrong Bohrian
context.

[EHW]

> Why should state vector collapse -- without any magic -- be caused by
> something as mundane (at least as far as physics is concerned) as the brain?

[Jack]

Good point. The first one EHW has made to my knowledge.

> [EHW]
>
> The answer to these questions, from my perspective is:
>
> 1. That it is the nonlinear MSE (modified Schrodinger equation) -- with the
> added term in which self-referencing closed loop measurement interactions

[Jack]

I also have a self referencing closed loop, but it is not the same as EHW's. My
self referencing closed loop is between the mental de Broglie pilot wave ( aka
common shared pool of active quantum information) and its material set of
elementary particles and classical EM-weak-strong-torsion-gravity force fields.

I would like to see the math of EHW's "nonlinear MSE" and "self referencing
closed loop measurement interactions"( in an Adobe pdf attachment) since he does
not have any particles and classical force fields only the unattached quantum
information patterns. EHW's ontology is "incomplete" in the sense of Einstein's
complaint to Bohr in 1935 in the EPR paper.

[EHW]

> create the psi*psi combination

[Jack]

This is wrong since a nonlinear addition to Schrodinger equation will prevent
the "the psi*psi combination" by giving a source term in the continuity equation
for the flow of the Schrodinger quantum hydrodynamic fluid through configuration
space. I say EHW is talking through his hat here. That what he proposes is
mathematically impossible. That is, such a closed loop will prevent the
"sub-quantum heat death" needed to "create the psi*psi combination" which is the
"equilibrium of sub-quantum hidden variables" in the Bohm-Vigier paradigm. The
real closed loop of self reference opposes quantum randomness and will not only
generate consciousness, but will also cohere the zero point energy of the vacuum
for practical propellantless propulsion.

[EHW]

> -- that gives state vector collapse. AND when it happens, the added term
> (being an information measure term) vanishes. [This cuts off consciousness
> from the physical world -- just as we see -- just as the Hard problem finds
> the world to be.]

[Jack]

Nonsense. It is exactly opposite. The added self-reference nonlinear term is
what generates consciousness by violating "the psi*psi combination".

> [EHW]
>
> 2. That quantum mechanics gets into brain processes through QM tunneling at
> and between synapses in the brain, and as I have discussed elsewhere,

[Jack]

"elsewhere"? Outside the light cone? :-) Show it now.

PS before I forget Nick Herbert used a bad metaphor "the lens of quantum
mechanics". He should have said "the hologram of quantum mechanics". This is
because Nick is another Bohrian not a Bohmian. All Bohmians know that the "lens"
is the metaphor for classical physics and the "hologram" is the metaphor for
quantum physics.

[EHW]

> leads to a formula for the QM tunneling synaptic connectivity that shows the
> amount of connectivity that exists (how much information is in our
> consciousness),

[Jack]

How? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. We do not believe you
without more justification.

[EHW]

> the conditions needed for consciousness to happen (for us to wake up, as it
> were), and incidentals like the nature and cause of the sleep cycle.

[Jack]

How? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. We do not believe you
without more justification.

[EHW]

> 3. That the structure of the brain brings about (perhaps uniquely in the
> physical world) the special self-referencing closed loop measurement
> interactions

[Jack]

Hogwash and balderdash. Nanoengineered conscious android brains will show that
assertion to be wrong.

[EHW]

> responsible for creating the psi*psi combination that gives us state vector
> collapse.

[Jack]

Hogwash and balderdash.

[EHW]

> The brain, you see, is always comparing things over and over in its networks
> -- always creating those psi*psi combinations.

[Jack]

Hogwash and balderdash.

--
Star Fleet Flight Training Course
http://www.ifpa-fly.com

Bloxy's

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99

>"Dr. Evan Harris Walker" wrote:

>[Mark Gubrud says]

>> >The dominant scientific paradigm presupposes that all observable
>> >phenomena are physical and ultimately explainable in terms of physics.
>> >In the case of consciousness, we do not have an explanation, but we
>> >believe that is only because it is an extremely complex phenomenon,
>> >with the additional complication that we are trying to understand
>> >and explain ourselves. Nevertheless, we anticipate that a full
>> >explanation will eventually be found in terms of ordinary physics.

On what basis?
Just because physics has "the best explanation" of the day?
Could that be that the "explanation" lies in entirely different view?

>[Jack]
>
>Yes, all you need to do to explain consciousness is first to posit

>1. de Broglie pilot-wave dualistic paradigm of material particles and quantum
>waves

Ok, but before you can do that, you need to identify
the uniting principle, according to which those waves
lump together to create an entity,
else you'll claim that a transformer has consciousness
just because it generates plenty of waves.

>2. identification of the quantum de Broglie pilot-wave as the intrinsically
>mental field.

Well, you need to substantiate it with experimental data at least.

> Intrinsic in exactly David Chalmers sense in Dec 1995 Scientific
>American.

>3. recognition that the direct back-action of the material particles on their
>mental quantum pilot waves generates conscious experiences

How did you jump into that?
Did you even define consciousness?

>3. violates standard quantum mechanics and in particular gives
>signal-nonlocality since the self-organizing feedback-control loop between
>mental pilot-wave and its material avoids the "sub-quantum heat death"
>(Valentini's Cambridge Ph.D.).

The "self-organizing feedback-control loop" is a level of a machine.
To control what?
According to what purpose, intent, intuition, etc.?
What is the final state of that machine?
Where are you going?
Organizing into what?

We are already "organized" sufficiently to wipe out life
on earth within literally 2 generations.
Would you call that a progress?

>[EHW]

>> The measurement problem exists for this very reason

>[Jack]

>The measurement problem is a chimera.

The measurement problem is the problem of your limited
perception, creating the measurement tools, that correspond
to your current set of beliefs, none of which can be proven
to hold in the most fundamental sense.

How do you measure consciousness?
How do you measure purpose, intent, intuition, emotion,
love, joy, playfulness, art, music, meaning of a flower?
How?

>[EHW]

>> Quantum mechanics is so extensively correct and exact that it is felt that it
>> should hold everywhere.

Ok, so what does the 2nd law of thermodynamics say?
That is one of your pillars, you see.

>> That it should, so to speak, hold as a philosophy.
> Unfortunately,
>> it has no mechanism that would allow single non-dispersed states to happen,
>> contrary to what we see around us.

Ok, thats enough.

------------------------------ end of input ------------------------

[...]

dale

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
I have carefully read this very intriguing post, but as a novice
I am curious to see an example of one or more of:
- sub-quantum heat death
- quantum-classical interaction giving rise to state vector collapse
- state vector collapse
- Schrodinger quantum hydrodynamic fluid

Please bear in mind that I am not taking any position, but am
interested in interpreting this post. Also please don't just
refer me to a textbook, I am very curious to see very brief
examples.

Does anyone recall the "barber of Seville" conundrum of
computer science? It deals with measurement of algorithms
by other algorithms...

Dale Johnson

>3. violates standard quantum mechanics and in particular gives
>signal-nonlocality since the self-organizing feedback-control loop between
>mental pilot-wave and its material avoids the "sub-quantum heat death"
>(Valentini's Cambridge Ph.D.).

>> Here Hepp has accused the quantum consciousness people of using the mixed

>> quantum-classical interaction trick to give rise to state vector
collapse, and
>> I was rushed last night too much to have detailed the flaw in this other
than
>> to point out that it is not the quantum consciousness people who have
>> perpetrated that falsehood. The measurement problem exists for the very
>> reason one must not suppose a mixed description of physical reality if
one is
>> to be consistent. One can always get a solution if one is willing to
treat
>> quantum mechanics as just a problem solver, and not as a philosophy that
must
>> hold everywhere.

>> But even if you believe this, it is not enough to just say that. You

have to
>> come up with a way for it to work -- (1) bringing about state vector
collapse,
>> on the one hand,

>This is wrong since a nonlinear addition to Schrodinger equation will

Avital Pilpel

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
<snip>

Curious question by a newbie to sci.physics:

Are you the same Dr. Jack Sarfatti who was present in the infamous Geller
"Testing" in 1974, in which Geller managed to convince you and others that
he "psychically" effected a Geiger counter?

According to Martin Gardner, in "science: good, bad, and bogus", p, 94, you
claimed at the time that Geller "demonstrated genuine pschoenergetic
ability".

If so, what is your position now about Geller?

Pardon me if this was asked here a zillion times before - I'll bet that in
that case one of the regulars will give me details.

dale

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99

>Does anyone recall the "barber of Seville" conundrum of
>computer science? It deals with measurement of algorithms
>by other algorithms...

oops... let me elaborate, actually the problem is the halting
problem, and the barber of Seville is part of the proof of
non-computability.

Dale

Jack Sarfatti

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99

Arkadiusz Jadczyk wrote:

> > > WE discussed other possibilities and Hepp is open to several of them
> > > (for instance non-Fock infrared states of EM field are parametrized by
> > > classical parameters.

[Jack]

> > This is fancy math that I see no physical interpretation for. What is
> > the physical meaning or relevance of "non-Fock infrared states of EM
> > field". What does that buy you in terms of anything interesting
> > physically beyond the pretty math?
>
> Perhaps you know that relativistic quantum mechanics of systems
> with an infinite number of degrees of freedom, like QED, leads to
> divergencies. These divergencies can be handled, to a extent, by
> renormalization tricks, but they show that we are using wrong math.
> We are using math that is too primitive. You see, Jack, according
> to your quote from Feynman, calculus is a "masturbation". But
> without calculus Feynman would not be able to write his PhD.

[Jack]

No that is a misunderstanding of Feynman's point that many mathematicians play
at doing physics with arcane methods that have no connection to the actual
reality. Of course the language of physics is mathematics. The goal however is
to use the least simplest mathematics possible.

Renormalization is required NOT because the math is too primitive, but because
the physical idea of the "point particle" and the space-time continuum is
simply wrong. This is a very good example of my general point. You jump to
fancy math rather than deeper physical understanding. Actually, even though
Nick Herbert embraces the wrong Bohrian mystical ontology of possibility waves
collapsing into actual things that have no real properties when not observed
etc, Nick's power is his ability to brainwash and mesmerize the gullible
public with vivid often amusing metaphors and memes in plain English. That is
why Nick is so dangerous now that he is flirting, even if only jokingly and
satirically, with Neo-Nazis and their agit-prop spreading over the Internet.
I have a similar power, but I am trying to communicate with the superior
ontology which is Bohm's. So this Psi War of Wizards is primarily between me
and Nick. The others are merely Bit Players on The Stage of Destiny. Actually,
Saul-Paul Sirag is pretty good at this as well. Fred Alan Wolf is also good at
it, but he is squarely in the same mystical camp as Nick. See "The Cradle Will
Rock". We are shaping the Culture Paradigm. Let no one be unaware that what we
are up to here has enormous political and policy ramifications for the near
future. That's why, for example, the CIA and other Intel Agencies monitor all
of this via Ron Pandolfi and others on the list. They are right to do so.
Remember "Space-Time and Beyond" had an enormous pop-culture impact way beyond
its 200,000 copies by transforming the consciousness of a lot of movers and
shakers in media and government and business. "Space-Time and Beyond" was a
psychotronic weapons system in memetic engineering. It was much more than a
book. Of course, Fred, me and Bob were "useful idiots", Forest Gumps, sleep
walking through the mine fields of Cold War Intel Games involving Ira Einhorn,
Andrija Puharich, Uri Geller, Fritjof Capra, Tim Leary, George Koopman and
many more.

[Ark]

> No! You will say. But we do not have to go beyond calculus.
> Calculus is fancy enough! But you know it is not true.

[Jack]

Red Herring. I never said calculus is enough. We do not know what is enough. I
am only saying that the goal should be to do more physics with less math at
all times. That goal is increasingly lost. Yes we need topology, projective
geometry etc in addition to calculus. We also need discrete combinatorics etc.
We may even need Finsler spaces. We seem to need differential forms as Kiehn's
work is very interesting.

[Ark]

> There is
> algebra, there is differential geometry, there is algebraic geometry,
> category theory, stochastic processes, algebras of operators .... Each of
> these is necessary in SOME part of physics. Once you develop a theory,
> then you can derive some simple relations that do not need math at all
> (like properties of Kerr solutions) . Sometimes you can guess simple
> relations. Sometimes. Only through math that we can do computer
> simulations of Nature's real phenomena.

[Jack]

There is no real disagreement here.

[Ark]

> I agree, there is a real danger of abusing math. There are so many
> papers by physicists that are just developing unnecessary math.
> But, as always, a balanced view is necessary. Each case needs
> to be dealt with on an individual basis.

[Jack]

Yes, that is what I meant. Matti P is a good example of that.

[Jack]

> Von Neumann developed (with Murray) the theory of rings of
> operators, continuous geometry (quantum logic came out of
> it),

[Jack]
So far Finkelstein's use of quantum logic has been, like hot fusion, a
complete bust. Maybe it will become useful for quantum computing?

[Ark]

> mathematical foundations for quantum theory, he was one of
> the first to discuss the role of a conscious observer in quantum
> theory in terms of a mathematical model.

[Jack]

Yes, von Neumann is the major part of the problem in the Un-Civil War because
he dressed up Bohr's mysticism with fancy math giving an irrelevant proof that
hidden variables cannot exist and also wrongly invoking consciousness to
explain the collapse of the wave function which led Wigner astray and which
today makes the Quantum-Mind Meeting in Flagstaff a major destructive force
for disinformation on the wrong side of this Quantum Un-Civil War.

[Ark]

> He developed a theory
> of self-reproducing automata and introduced an important
> concept: a system that is aware of its own state.

[Jack]

Yes, you jarred my memory. So you say that von Neumann has a quantum theory of
self-measurement? Or, are his "self-reproducing automata" classical and not
quantum? If classical, what did he mean by "aware". If quantum, what did he
mean by "aware"? Can you cite exact references and better yet can you explain
his ideas on this in more detail. This is a key point. How, using Hilbert
space mathematics, with no Bohm point, do you make a self-reproducing system
that is aware of it's own state? What is the operational definition of
awareness in von Neumann's theory? I think Wigner discusses this and I have
his papers so I will have to take a look.

[Ark]

> Do not put
> all mathematics into a trash box. Or at least do not put Cartan's
> work there before you finish reading it!

[Jack]

Red Herring. You are putting words into my mouth. That was never my point. I
was talking of the abuse of physics by numbo jumbo of arcane math with no
physical intepretation which is a growing trend.

Ron Blue

Jul 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/19/99
> No that is a misunderstanding of Feynman's point that many mathematicians
play
> at doing physics with arcane methods that have no connection to the actual
> reality. Of course the language of physics is mathematics. The goal
however is
> to use the least simplest mathematics possible.
>
> Renormalization is required NOT because the math is too primitive, but
because
> the physical idea of the "point particle" and the space-time continuum is
> simply wrong. This is a very good example of my general point. You jump to
> fancy math rather than deeper physical understanding. Actually, even
though
> Nick Herbert embraces the wrong Bohrian mystical ontology of possibility
waves
> collapsing into actual things that have no real properties when not
observed

Yes. Relatively speaking the waves continue sharing values globally and
locally.
Only a observation can result in seeing 1/2 of the values of the collaspe.
The other
side of the collaspe is a reciprocal eigenfunction approaching a zero value.
The observation is an illusion occurring only at certain time phases in a
Paul frequency trap
relative to the observer. Since the information in the observation is
shared globally, it
must effect observations of others.

>That's why, for example, the CIA and other Intel Agencies monitor all
> of this via Ron Pandolfi and others on the list.

I doubt if the CIA can see the important future coming and could care less
what any of
us think. If you are being monitored the information is forward to
superiors who are to
busy worrying about real problems and never get around to reading and
thinking about
what is important namely the importance of quantum mechanics.

> [Jack]
> So far Finkelstein's use of quantum logic has been, like hot fusion, a
> complete bust. Maybe it will become useful for quantum computing?

Worthless.

> Yes, von Neumann is the major part of the problem in the Un-Civil War
because
> he dressed up Bohr's mysticism with fancy math giving an irrelevant proof
that
> hidden variables cannot exist and also wrongly invoking consciousness to
> explain the collapse of the wave function which led Wigner astray and
which
> today makes the Quantum-Mind Meeting in Flagstaff a major destructive
force
> for disinformation on the wrong side of this Quantum Un-Civil War.

There is no collapse except for the observer in a linear time trap. The
reciprocal eigenvalues are maintained
globally, even though a local event has occurred.

Osiris Mujahedin

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
to sarf...@well.com
Stoopid Saint wrote:

> [...]
> : calls for a retrial. France is known to refuse retrial after such
> : a conviction 'par contumace'.
> :
> : After a manhunt of 16 years, Einhorn was found by Interpol in June
> : 1997, in France where he lived the last four and a half years with
> : his Swedish wife, Annika Flodin, who has shared his life for nine
> : and a half years in Sweden, Great Britain and then in France.
> :
> : He is currently incarcerated at the prison of Gradignan as a result
> : of a demand for extradition by the American authorities that is
> : presently being examined by the Tribunal of Bordeaux.
> :
> : [RW]:
> : After being liberated in March 1998 (the first extradition
> : demand being rejected) he was rearrested on September 22, 1998
> : and then freed a week later pending a hearing on December 1,
> : 1998. A judgement was scheduled for January 12, 1999 but the
> : court postponed it to February 18 without giving any reason,
> : thus inconveniencing all those who had travelled from afar.
> :
> : If Ira Einhorn were extradited, he would pass the rest of his days
> : in prison, without possibility of parole or appeal. By contrast,
> : French law grants a new trial to those who have been convicted in
> : absentia. All avenues of redress being exhausted in the USA, the
> : condemnation to prison for life is applicable immediately and in
> : its totality.
> :
> : [RW]:
> : Although a fugitive forfeits his right of appeal, he can file
> : to have it reinstated. This is usually granted.
> :
> : Without prejudging the culpability or the innocence of Ira Einhorn
> : and considering the breach of fundamental human rights for an
> : equitable trial and elementary rights of defense, we ask the French
> : justice to refuse the demand for extradition presented by the
> : American authorities
> :
> : [RW]:
> : A simple examination of the case shows that Einhorn has
> : benefitted from full respect of his rights by any standard,
> : US or French.
> :
> : COMMITTEE OF SUPPORT AGAINST THE EXTRADITION OF IRA EINHORN
> :
> : Annika FLODIN:
> : Moulin de Guitry,
> : Champagne-Mouton 16350
> : Tel & Fax: O5 45 30 01 05
> :
> : His attorney in Paris is Me Dominique TRICAUD.
> : Tel: 01 40 64 00 25 Fax: 01 42 79 84 14
> : His attorney at Bordeaux is Me Dominique DELTHIL.
> : Tel: 05 56 44 44 51
> :
> : end of translated text
> :
> : : Various articles on this case and its current status

CloudRider (Richard Farley) wrote:

Ira (et al.),

Good theory, Ira, but probably wrong in terms of "anti-CIA" disinformation.
Methinks you are soft-soaping CIAgents we know and love, in the hopes
they'll...what, start a war with France so you can become a POW, then the
French will disclose ALL that they know about your case, with testimony on
national French TV by Jacques Vallee to confirm for you, and then Kit and Ron
and Hal will find Phyllis Schlemmer to bring through "The Council of Nine"
for you and testify, with Shirley MacLaine as back-up, that you got caught up
in a tussle between the Zeta Reticulan's and Pleiadeans? It's said by
devotees of that viewpoint that there was a "pleiadean lift-off" in 1988, and
a lot of Earthling "assets" and operatives of that SpaceForce were "left
behind," sort of a "Vietnam Embassy retreat," although on planetary and
"metaphysical" scale, yes?

Or maybe not. We'll have to ask Dennis Weaver, between country music shows.
(Is he a singer, too? Gosh, what a planetarily talented "alien ambassdor" is
ol' Dennis.)

"Beltway Throat" to whom Boylan was referring here was and is Dan T. Smith,
Jr., of Catonsville, Maryland <dans...@clark.net , a Cal Tech physics man
(reportedly a master's degree), with real connections throughout Washington,
particularly NASA and points "weird." Dan has, since I first met him in 1994,
portrayed himself variously as a "wild philosopher" about things
eschatological, and has written some rather intelligent monographs in that
venue. He's also worked very hard, at times, to portray himself as a genuine
nut. As with most of what Dan attempts, he's been successful.
He's also a former "gadfly" for Dale Graff, now retired from U. S. Defense
Intelligence Agency, where (so say Smith, Scott Jones, and others) Agent
Graff took up with his explorations of "psi for spies" and other Wild Things,
after the USAF spit him out, or so said Jim Schnabel. Graff DID traffic in
the "old religion" and such things, as Major Ed Dames "outed" to Schnabel
(for the Discovery TV programs, and for Jim's book, "Remote Viewers." I've
met Graff, who "consults" from his retirement home (Virginia).

Is Dan Smith, the "Beltway Throat," a certifiable looney tune? I'm not
qualified to say and I doubt whether there are any of the psychiatric cadre,
biased as they are, who'd be qualified to say, either. But I certainly like
Dan, and his conversations are golden.

Alas, in these waters...who can say, eh? Which of us here has "reality"
locked in?

Dan Smith is and has been a "mouthpiece" for Dr. Ron Pandolphi, himself a
CalTech rocket-doc and erstwhile analyzer of flying whiz-bangs of folks
potentially hostile to the U. S., (sadly enough, in today's world that's a
"not-very-exclusive" club, isn't it?).

Circa 1990-91, or so, Dan Smith was, in his own words during one of our many
talks, "engaged to marry Rosemarry Ellen Guiley," who at the time was doing
independent scholarship work...apparently for one clandestine agency of
government or more... in subject areas ranging from "wicca" to "angels" and
points-weirder. Circa 1992-1993, "Rosie" as her friends (among whom I am not
one, as I do not know her except via Dan Smith...and second-hand, via Cdr. C.
B. "Scott" Jones (USN-Ret.)... directed a little "Crop Circles" research
institute, based in Washington, which listed among her advisors the
afore-mentioned Scott Jones; Paul Von Ward, founder of Delphi Assoc., a
"process-oriented" non-governmental organization that is an internationalista
front, (Paul retired from "federal service" and now lives in Oregon); Robert
Oechsler, bogus "NASA mission specialist" and erstwhile "UFO investigator"
for the Fascist Fund for UFO Research, also based in Washington and an
extension of NICAP--"CIA"/UFOs disinformation and public "antenna"
proprietary of long standing; and a few others.

One of Rosie Guiley's (she's since "retired" from The Weird, assignments
completed it would appear, and Dan Smith says Rosie is married and "living
normally," whatever that means to a neo-pagan wicca expert who helped promote
"Crop Circles" as the voice of "Mother Gaia" speaking to us through
"cereological grain field constructs."

(Personally, I prefer Vallee's hypothesis that an electromagnetic pulse-robot
"flyer," taking its patterns from a computer and relayed via either satellite
or "RPV" standing off out of view of the target stand of grain. May want to
cross-reference: Marconi 23?)

Dan Smith called me on my unlisted home number only days after "CloudRider"
first burst onto the Internet "UFO conspiracy" scene with a download of
random facts and "naming names" about Rockefeller's "UFO Disclosure
Initiative" to Clinton, 93 & '94. I later learned that the "link" to me, no
doubt as a "cut-out" for Ron Pandolphi's shop, was a William LaParl, a
low-key but well-heeled "UFO maven" who seemed at that time to be at the
"cross-roads" of Jim Schnabel, (who also called me on that number just as he
was working on "Remote Viewers," and asking if I'd share stuff with him. I
politely declined, at that point, and am glad I did...given what CIA & DIA
apparently did to his book...buying them all up, then releasing David
Morehouse's "Psychic Warriors" as a "shelf-competitor," with Dave's very own
"operative" as his agent and gal-pal, complete with shiny new car. But THAT's
another very, funny "intell" FUBAR.

Dan Smith, son of an Eisenhower-era Treasury official, generally brilliant
beyond the pale and probably a bit 'round the bend, sometimes...although not
in the vein of one Ted Kaczinsky or (dare I say it) Ira Einhorn....sorry Ira,
I DON'T know if you killer her or not...or if you did whether you'd know
it...or if "The Nine" made you do it to cover up and discredit a CIA
operation... although I know for a fact that it COULD'VE been the way it
happened, what with Arlen "Magic Bullet" Specter as your first attorney, is a
man who believes he (Dan) knows what he knows, but actually knows mostly what
he believes he believes.

Beltway Throat and Boylan a "Belgrade Disinformation" stunt? Not hardly.
Boylan is a self-proclaimed victim of an Air Force conspiracy, targeting him
because he (Rich) had the temerity to posit (at the Bigelow & Hans
Adam-funded "Alien Abductions" conference at MIT, in '92, which launched John
E. Mack, MD, as the "big dog" for all the "alien abductions are really huggy
gray gynecologists (and proctologists, sorry I almost forgot you, Whitley)
here to help "ethnically cleanse" Mom Gaia of those of us who don't buy into
John Mack's ecopsychological definition of "being sane," (hey, read it in the
book of that name...in Mack's own words...that's "Ecopsychology"), as Richard
Boylan, Ph.D.'s take was that some "abduction" percipients had recoverable
(without hypnosis) memories of "humans, in some cases military dressed"
working with the "apparent aliens."

As the MIT conference was to launch the "ET / Alien internationalista scam to
give the Russkies something new to believe in, (i.e., one-world, indivisible,
under Zeta Reticuli, with liberty and justice for none), Boylan's take is
that his "human/alien" ET connection didn't hew to the party line (pun
intended, editorial embellishment mine).
Boylan's hot-tub accusers apparently pulled back from a civil suit, but the
"Air Force lawyers," (sic semper Boylan), nailed Boylan's psychologist
license in Califor-ni-yay.

How and why Dan Smith began feeding info to Boylan could ONLY have been from
the esteemed Dr. Pandolphi, whose name is spelled Pandolfi most of the time,
or it wouldn't have happened. Dan will tell you he's Pandolfi's mouthpiece
for stuff so wild that Dr. Ron and the Company never would own up to it, as
if they own up to any of it at all. Pandolfi will tell you Dan's an original
thinker and he (Ron) sometimes chats with Dan to see what Dan thinks about
something. It's coincidental if after some of those sessions, Dan hits the
"airwaves" (actually, phone lines) with the latest inside poop (attention on
deck...that pun WAS fully intended, swabbies). And that's Danny Smith,
Eschaton and who knows, perhaps on-ground advisor for the Second Coming.

Of course, the question-du-jour would be, "Second Coming...of WHAT?" But that
is one for the eschatologists, which is no doubt why Laurance Rockefeller was
cluing in Dr. Billy Graham (1/93) about the pending effort to get Clinton to
declassify our UFO knowledge. Like most UFO controversies, it probably is
about sex. Surprising that it has not surfaced that Monica was an "E.T."
(actually, possessed by an "E.T.") who came to bring the American Presidency
low by giving Mr. Clinton a come-down. But I have to finish with the
wonderment why nobody is asking, "Wheeerrre's Hillary?" She is getting all of
that free USAF Airline Service, but she only gets it because she's the First
Lady, which I believe still means the marital partner of the U. S. President?
Eh?

So, if Hillary ain't "puttin' out" for Bill...and he's so horny he
compromises himself as well as national security by letting Monica
resuscitate his manliness, so he can go up against warrior-chieftans like
Saddam Hussein and Slobodan Milosevic, then it'd seem that Hillary is guilty
of treason, for not giving her hubby the President of herself and fulfilling
her marital duties, at least so she can qualify for free Air Force fly-jobs?

Now THAT's the mystery worth discussing, in my humble opinion. Bill's just a
guy in a heavy job with lots of stress. He's "Elvis with a law degree," so
what do you expect of him? The Secret Service wouldn't let him include an El
Camino with "Astro-Turf" in the bed as part of the Presidential motorcade
fleet, so how else is Bill to get girls, so he can not be too tense to make
the big decisions, wage war and protect our secret stuff. Like "UFOs" and our
"alien technologies."

So, here's the bottom line...(sorry about all of those puns...My English
teacher in the 9th grade, Mr. Porter, used to chasten us: "Mr. Farley, pun is
the lowest form of wit," but I can't help it)... President Clinton LIKED
Richard Boylan's approach to "UFOs," given that Boylan's alleged therapy of
choice for suspected "alien abduction" victims included hot tub sessions,
naked with him so the charges against him were reported in the Sacramento
Union, among other outlets... and now Beltway Throat has been dispatched to
make Boylan one of the primary conduits for UFO Declassification. So in his
own way, Laurance Rockefeller's "UFO Disclosure Initiative" to Clinton's
White House was perhaps successful? Let's let those aliens land...then fill
up their saucers with warm water, heated by their exotic propulsion
drives...still hot from interstellarz travelz, and then sit around meditation
on Hopi legends that say "Give Mother Gaia back to the Non-Washinton
Redskins," then call, for a good time: 1-800-CASINOS.

Bottom line: "Beltway Throat" was Dan T. Smith, Jr. He's getting this. Ask
him, no?
Bye,
DF
- - - - +
Subj: Re: The Unicorn & The CIA Disinformation
Date: 5/13/99 6:40:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: sarf...@well.com (J. Sarfatti)
To: newph...@mail.msr-wetware.com (newph...@mail.msr-wetware.com),
User8...@aol.com (Ira Einhorn), drbo...@jps.net (Richard J. Boylan,
Ph.D.), ro...@ucia.gov (ro...@ucia.gov)

J. Sarfatti writes:
Note this date 12/06/97 wasn't that before Ira made his presence known to us?
Also, I doubt Blazing Saddles Boylan wrote it. It's not his style of writing.
Someone else wrote it and stuck Boylan's name on it IMHO.

I consider an attack on Kit Green to be an indirect attack on me. Therefore,
I suspect Beograd because of my connection with Stephen Schwartz's wing of
the US Intelligence Community. Why, because the story in Jim Schnabel's Remote
Viewers about the telephone calls and the metallic voices and UFO images etc
that allegedly so freaked out Ron Hawke, physicist at Livermore researching
Geller effect et-al, in 1973 really tends to corroborarte my 1953 "contact"
in http://www.hia.com/pcr/parsifal.html especially about "the others" in
"twenty years" showing time-travel to the past like in La Jetee, 12 Monkeys,
Terminator, Star Trek etc. Not to mention many other synchronicities too
numerous to repeast here.
Also not even Ira Einhorn himself seems to buy the rumors of Kit Green's
connection to Holly which seems to be total fabrication with no basis in fact.
So trace the Kit Green story that Boylan is propagating. That IS important.
I suspect Pandolphi also has nothing to do with it and that this is all an
anti-CIA attack maybe from Beograd? (i.e. tentatively assuming the Stephen
Schwartz scenario on all this as a working hypothesis about Michael Rossman,
"Max Weiss" and his "friend", Evan Harris Walker's "book" about Einstein's
Serbian wife being the true genius of relativity, Stuart Hameroff, Tesla weapons
etc, anti-Corso agit-prop etc in a kind of Bayesean experiment based on very
imperfect partial information and lots of disinformation in this looking glass
war of paradigms).

12/06/97
: CIA Plans Indirect Disclosure of UFO Cover-Up
:
: A man I've dubbed "Beltway Throat", a highly-reliable
: Washington source with connections to CIA's top UFO
: expert, informed me today that there are Mind Control and
: ultimately UFO Cover-Up implications to the current news
: story about France's refusal to extradite Ira Einhorn to the
: U.S. despite the U.S.'s request.
: Einhorn was accused of murder, but fled the U.S. to
: France. A current Washington Post news story contains
: allegations that Einhorn had worked for the U.S. Government.
: "Beltway Throat" [BT] offers "the rest of the story", as
: follows.
: According to BT, Einhorn was deeply involved in Mind
: Control projects for U.S. Intelligence. Also involved in those
: mind control projects was Christopher "Kit" Green, M.D.,
: Ph.D., Chief of General Motors' Research and Development
: Center, and reported to have been the former CIA top expert
: on UFO matters. (The Mind Control and UFO Cover-Up
: connection goes like this. Intelligence began "black projects"
: to attempt to match the telepathic and mind-influencing
: abilities of the extraterrestrials they held captive at secret
: underground installations. Military Intelligence coveted such
: powers to penetrate the mind of a subject and make him see
: whatever you wanted him to see.)
: BT reminds that Kit Green served as a forensic expert for
: the prosecution at Ira Einhorn's murder trial. BT suggested
: that Dr. Green deliberately served as the prosecution's expert
: in order to sabotage the prosecution's case, and thus assist
: Einhorn in getting acquitted. BT intimated that Green's
: motive would be helping a fellow accomplice in Intelligence
: mind-control experiments, widely viewed as unethical and
: illegal, and perhaps assuring Einhorn's continued silence
: about those dark matters.
: BT said that his CIA source planned to provide a "leak"
: about the Einhorn-Green Mind Control-UFO Cover-Up
: connection to major newspaper reporters. That story will
: include additional lurid personal details about Einhorn and
: Green to make publicizing the "leak" irresistible. It is CIA
: source's strategy to create a full news media inquiry into Dr.
: Green's involvement in Mind Control experiments, and
: thence to the extraterrestrial studies which led to those
: Mind Control projects. This Byzantine approach to
: unraveling the UFO Cover-Up is a classic example of CIA
: strategy, in which the line between Point A and Point B
: resembles a pretzel.
: It is worth exploring what it means that the current
: occupant of the UFO Desk at CIA is snitching off his
: predecessor. Multiple knowledgeable sources confirm that
: there is a civil war going on within Intelligence and the
: military over whether to end the UFO Cover-Up. The
: "conservatives" want to hang on to status quo as long as
: possible. Their reasons include: fear of destabilizing social
: order (read: their careers), fear of the public outrage when
: the harassment of citizens and the criminal deeds done under
: cover of "national security" get exposed, the need to develop
: ET technology in secret into super-weapons in case of alien
: attack, and the astronomical profits and kickbacks to be made
: from siphoning classified extraterrestrial ultra-technology into
: insider corporations.
: The "progressives" feel that the Cold War is over, and
: there is no further realistic need to hide UFO reality. Further,
: they believe that decades of information indicates that the
: extraterrestrials are benign, and that the public interest is best
: served by the public's being aware of what has been learned
: from government communication with the extraterrestrials.
: BT also noted that the current Capitol Hill fracture between
: Liberals and Conservatives has slowed down the holding of
: Congressional Hearings to allow former government insiders to
: publicly testify about UFO reality. It seems that each side wants
: to pin political blame for the UFO Cover-Up on the other.
: I pointed out to BT that, with now ten Presidents and 25
: Congresses having sanctioned the deception of the American
: public about UFO matters, there is enough political blame to
: go around for both parties.
:
: - Richard Boylan, Ph.D.
: -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

--------------------

Note this date 12/06/97 wasn't that before Ira made his presence known
to us? Also, I doubt Blazing Saddles Boylan wrote it. It's not his style
of writing. Someone else wrote it and stuck Boylan's name on it IMHO.

I consider an attack on Kit Green to be an indirect attack on me. Therefore,
I suspect Beograd because of my connection with Stephen Schwartz's wing
of the US Intelligence Community. Why, because the story in Jim Schnabel's
Remote Viewers about the telephone calls and the metallic voices and UFO
images etc that allegedly so freaked out Ron Hawke, physicist at Livermore
researching Geller effect et-al, in 1973 really tends to corroborarte my
1953 "contact" in <A
HREF="http://www.hia.com/pcr/parsifal.html"
http://www.hia.com/pcr/parsifal.html </A especially about
[...]
glass war of paradigms).&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE

</BLOCKQUOTE

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE
12/06/97
:&nbsp; CIA Plans Indirect Disclosure of UFO Cover-Up
:&nbsp;&nbsp;
:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs
- - - - End retransmission - - - - +
/// http://oposite.stsci.edu/pubinfo/pr/1999/16/content/9916x.jpg