Link of an article about Ray Kurzweil

Mok-Kong Shen

Oct 3, 2009, 8:28:30 AM10/3/09

Joachim Pimiskern

Oct 3, 2009, 2:45:03 PM10/3/09

Mok-Kong Shen

Oct 4, 2009, 4:16:50 AM10/4/09
Joachim Pimiskern wrote:

> The neuroscientists are already doing experiments
> with the hippocampus - an artificial one.

The issue of ethics could be a grave one. On the other hand, such
technical advances remind me of a chat I had in the late nineteen
sixties with some colleagues, when one day we were sitting together
near a then for us astonishingly fast computer which was however
extremely extremely costly. We came up with a question concerning
the 'principal' feasibility of a project which is devoid of (or
anyway almost so) any ethical problems: Electrically connect the
brains of a large number of pigs to do computations. (You see we
were babbling about networking and even cloud computing in
ultra-modern terminology!) We envisaged pigs, because they are
comparatively intelligent among animals having large-sized brains
and are quite cheap.

M. K. Shen

Mok-Kong Shen

Oct 7, 2009, 4:47:45 PM10/7/09
Joachim Pimiskern wrote:

> The neuroscientists are already doing experiments
> with the hippocampus - an artificial one.

An article entitled:

Communicating person to person through the power of thought alone

http://www.soton.ac.uk/mediacentre/news/2009/oct/09_135.shtml