Can't install with the template

Robert

May 1, 2009, 11:02:19 AM5/1/09
to CommunityEngine
Hi,

I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but I tried a few times now
and I just can't get it to work. Please help.

I'm using Rails 2.3.2 and trying to use the rails template
installation:
rails your_app_name -m http://www.communityengine.org/install_template.rb

It all seems to work, but at the end I get the message:
"Missing these required gems:
rmagick"

I already have the rmagick gem installed:

$ gem list | grep rmagick
rmagick (2.9.1, 2.9.0)

I will get the same error message again whenever I try to do the
migrations.

Any ideas?

Oh, I'm running on Ubuntu 8.10 with ruby 1.8.7 and rails 2.3.2.

Thanks,

Robert

Carl Fyffe

May 1, 2009, 11:06:32 AM5/1/09
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Robert,

I am getting this error when I try to install to Heroku, but it works
fine locally on my Mac. Interesting new data. Could you try changing
the environment to require RMagick instead of rmagick and see if that
works?

In environment.rb there is a config.gem 'rmagick' change that to be
config.gem 'RMagick' and see if that works.

If you come up with some other solution please post back so we can get
this fixed.

Robert

May 1, 2009, 11:41:57 AM5/1/09
to CommunityEngine
Yep, that's the trick!

In the template, change line:

gem 'rmagick', :lib => 'rmagick'

to:

gem 'rmagick', :lib => 'RMagick'

And then it works (at least for me)!

/Robert

On May 1, 5:06 pm, Carl Fyffe <carl.fy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> I am getting this error when I try to install to Heroku, but it works
> fine locally on my Mac. Interesting new data. Could you try changing
> the environment to require RMagick instead of rmagick and see if that
> works?
>
> In environment.rb there is a config.gem 'rmagick' change that to be
> config.gem 'RMagick' and see if that works.
>
> If you come up with some other solution please post back so we can get
> this fixed.
>
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Robert <robert.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but I tried a few times now
> > and I just can't get it to work. Please help.
>
> > I'm using Rails 2.3.2 and trying to use the rails template
> > installation:
> > rails your_app_name -mhttp://www.communityengine.org/install_template.rb

Carl Fyffe

May 1, 2009, 11:56:20 AM5/1/09
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Can you make the change and send a pull request so we can get the
change on Edge please?

Thanks!

Robert

May 1, 2009, 12:02:40 PM5/1/09
to CommunityEngine
Absolutely! I haven't actually done that before, but in theory I know
how to. I'll do that later today.

/Robert

On May 1, 5:56 pm, Carl Fyffe <carl.fy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you make the change and send a pull request so we can get the
> change on Edge please?
>
> Thanks!

Robert

May 1, 2009, 5:10:47 PM5/1/09
to CommunityEngine
Pull request sent to bborn at github. Is that the appropriate action
to do?

/Robert

Carl Fyffe

May 1, 2009, 5:18:23 PM5/1/09
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Definitely! And thanks! I will be using your fix in about an hour :-)