uninitialized constant ActionView::TemplateFinder

jawosis

Jul 12, 2008, 4:40:56 PM7/12/08
to CommunityEngine
I am encountering this error when trying to create the database with
rake db:create.
I am using rails 2.1 and engines 2.1.0 with a brand new rails app and
followed the installing instructions given at
http://github.com/bborn/communityengine/tree/master.

How can I get CE running?

Bruno Bornsztein

Jul 12, 2008, 5:41:26 PM7/12/08
to communi...@googlegroups.com
This looks like an Engines issue; namely, TemplateFinder has been removed in edge Rails. See discussion here: http://communityengine.lighthouseapp.com/projects/11808-communityengine/tickets/9-install-error#ticket-9-5

To make CE (and any other Engine, for that matter) work, be sure you are using the stable 2-1-0 Rails release, not the latest from edge.

jawosis

Jul 13, 2008, 8:18:27 AM7/13/08
to CommunityEngine
Ok thanks for your help!
In fact it is less error prone to stick with the rails 2.1.0 version
instead of the edge one which not only requires a couple of changes to
the Engines files but also didn't work in the end (in my trial to make
CE work).