[CommonJS] Packages/1.0 engines issue

Kris Kowal

May 1, 2010, 8:11:42 PM5/1/10
to comm...@googlegroups.com
I don't suppose it's too late to change the "engine" (as specified) or
"engines" property (as in the example) to an "engines" property that
maps engine names to versions, just like dependencies? 1.0.1
timeline?

Kris Kowal

Christoph Dorn

May 1, 2010, 9:47:36 PM5/1/10
to comm...@googlegroups.com
Kris Kowal wrote:
> I don't suppose it's too late to change the "engine" (as specified) or
> "engines" property (as in the example) to an "engines" property that
> maps engine names to versions, just like dependencies? 1.0.1
> timeline?

No problem here.

Christoph

Wes Garland

May 2, 2010, 9:20:48 AM5/2/10
to comm...@googlegroups.com
Kris:

Not a bad idea. I've already bumped into this locally, albeit only for native modules.

Do the other engines also support the concept of *javascript* version?  I can see that being useful too.

Wes
--
Wesley W. Garland
Director, Product Development