User able to see all locations

Marie-laurence Archambault

Mar 15, 2016, 2:31:02 PM3/15/16
to commcare-users
Hi,

Is there a way for a user (let's say a supervisor) to see all the cases from all the locations? We have the standard plan, and users can normally only have 1 location.

Thanks,
Marie

Cory Zue

Mar 16, 2016, 3:01:25 AM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Absolutely - this is what the feature is intended to do. You need to place the supervisor at the level above the locations you want them to see. Note that there is a practical limitation of the amount of data that can be on a single phone so we recommend keeping the full case load below 10,000 (though it varies by app and phone model).

More information is available on the help site.

Marie-Laurence Archambault

Mar 16, 2016, 5:34:20 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cory,

Thanks for your reply.

We tried doing this, but only 100 cases sync into the supervisor's application. Have you had this issue before?

Marie

------------------------------------
Marie-Laurence Archambault
Chargée de programme principale | Senior Program Associate
Sama Mbey myAgro

Skype: marie-laurence-14

Sheel Shah

Mar 16, 2016, 5:36:51 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marie,

Have you turned on View Child Data for your supervisor Organization Level?   Can you use the Case List report and check who the cases are assigned to?  They should be assigned to each location, and not to a mobile worker.

Thanks,
Sheel
Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah

Marie-Laurence Archambault

Mar 16, 2016, 5:39:42 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sheel,

Yes, all of this is done. Any other suggestions?

Marie

------------------------------------
Marie-Laurence Archambault
Chargée de programme principale | Senior Program Associate
Sama Mbey myAgro

Skype: marie-laurence-14

Amelia Sagoff

Mar 16, 2016, 5:42:36 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
One more suggestion in that vein: have you turned on case sharing in your application settings?

Marie-Laurence Archambault

Mar 16, 2016, 5:44:41 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Yup, that is turned on!

------------------------------------
Marie-Laurence Archambault
Chargée de programme principale | Senior Program Associate
Sama Mbey myAgro

Skype: marie-laurence-14

Sheel Shah

Mar 16, 2016, 5:46:15 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Marie,

Which cases does the supervisor currently see? Is it just some of the cases of their staff, or only their own cases?

Thanks,
Sheel

Amelia Sagoff

Mar 16, 2016, 5:46:39 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Were mobile workers/supervisors assigned to their locations already when the cases were created? If the cases were created before the organization structure existed, then they might need to be manually assigned to the right owners in our Reassign Cases report.

Marie-Laurence Archambault

Mar 16, 2016, 5:56:20 PM3/16/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, indeed the cases were created before the locations... is there a link to how to do the reassign report?

The supervisor does not own any cases, he just needs to share all of them with the owners.

------------------------------------
Marie-Laurence Archambault
Chargée de programme principale | Senior Program Associate
Sama Mbey myAgro

Skype: marie-laurence-14

Message has been deleted

nic...@myagro.org

Mar 16, 2016, 6:21:44 PM3/16/16
to commcare-users
Hi Sheel,
I am Marie's collegue.

I looked at the Reassign Case Report and I can see 3100 Cases for the Top level location Vs 100 on the phone of the related mobile user (supervisor)

Also, now when we enter in the form that opens cases we get the following message... "Unrecoverable error, The case sharing settings for your user are incorrect. This must be in exactly one case sharing group. Please contact your supervisor."

Is this related?

Thanks again

Nico

Cory Zue

Mar 17, 2016, 3:59:46 AM3/17/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

As Amelia hinted at - the location-based case sharing is not compatible with the group-based case sharing. So what you need to do to migrate is:

1. Reassign all cases that are assigned to users or case-sharing groups to the locations those users / groups are assigned to. This can be done from "reassign cases" or using the case importer.
2. Once this is completed (and only after) remove the "case sharing" setting from the groups you had created.
3. Re-sync all user data. If this does not work you may have to clear user data from the phone and re-sync from scratch.

Apologies that we don't have better documentation for this at the moment, and don't hesitate to follow up if you run into issues.

nic...@myagro.org

Mar 17, 2016, 3:59:57 PM3/17/16
to commcare-users
Hello Cori,

I reinstalled the app and remove the case sharing and it worked :)

Thanks for your help !!

rehema...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2016, 10:07:02 AM3/31/16
to commcare-users
hi

i got this message "could not find and lookup table for src://fixture/item-list:district" how to solve this problem