List Help

David

Jun 18, 2010, 5:42:46 PM6/18/10
to CommandFusion
Hi All

I am wondering if someone could provide me with some assistance for
creating a list?

If I submit the following command to my controller: music-albums

It will respond with:

BeginAlbums
0.""
1."#1's"
2."21st Century Breakdown"
3."50 Years of the Greatest Hit Singles"
4."808s & Heartbreak"
5."2001"
6."2008 Grammy Nominees"
7."Ace Of Base - Greatest Hits"
8."Adrenaline Rush 2007"
EndAlbums

So the question is, how do I transform that response into a list, that
is usable within CommandFusion?

Cheers
David

Jarrod Bell

Jun 19, 2010, 6:45:18 AM6/19/10
to CommandFusion
Hi David,

What is the end of message character for each line? I'm guessing \x0D
or \x0A\x0D ? Make sure you set the system EOM to match.

Then you will create two regex items, one to clear the list using the
'BeginAlbums' message and one to add each item to the list.

REGEX 1 = (BeginAlbums)
onmatch, set list join to value 0x (use the join of your list
obviously)

REGEX 2 = (\d+)\."(.*)"
Set feedback to list join of your list (top right of properties
window)
onmatch, set list join to value c (this creates a 'content' list
item). You can also set to value of 't' to create a 'title' list item,
as per the list properties.
group, capture index = 1, name = itemnum, datatype = analog, target =
anything, join = anything, token mode = token.
group, capture index = 2, name = itemtext, datatype = analog, target =
anything, join = anything, token mode = token
onmatch, target = serial, join = serial join of a text field in your
list subpage, value = $itemnum$. $itemtext$

That should cover it.

Jarrod

David

Jun 19, 2010, 8:50:45 AM6/19/10
to CommandFusion
Thanks for that - I followed that, but can now only assume CF is
crashing - when I try to load the list page, CF appears to close....
I have no doubt this is due to my own doing however...

Until tomorrow!

Cheers
David
> > David- Hide quoted text -

Jarrod Bell

Jun 19, 2010, 9:10:21 AM6/19/10
to CommandFusion
Can you please send the file without any changes so that I can see
whats causing the crash? Use File > Export > Project Archive... and
send the zip file to support at commandfusion (sorry for the efforts
to escape spam).
I will then be able to see where you went wrong and fix a crash bug
all at once.

Jarrod

David

Jun 19, 2010, 6:23:10 PM6/19/10
to CommandFusion
Shall do now - althought I think it might have been a memory issue - I
was adding my own pages to a template file for testing - this morning
I seperated my page in to its own gui file, and although it doesnt
work, it also doesnt crash.

Email to the support address on its way.

Cheers
David

David

Jun 22, 2010, 5:31:31 AM6/22/10
to CommandFusion
Hi Jarred

I have the list displaying now - thanks for your assistance. Could
you please advise what the expected performance should be?

Currently I am returning 260 records, the first 4 records are
displayed on screen within a second, then there is a pause for up to
18 seconds before the others are displayed.

Sometimes (randomly) up to 8 records can be displayed for the upto 18
second pause?

If I telnet to the controller, and enter the commands, the reply is
instant...

Any ideas?

Cheers
David

Jarrod Bell

Jun 22, 2010, 6:37:08 AM6/22/10
to CommandFusion
This is expected, we are working on networking comms speed
improvements with threading, hopefully will get it updating faster in
coming weeks.

Jarrod

Fiasco

Jun 22, 2010, 2:06:10 PM6/22/10
to CommandFusion

The key is generating the list quickly is doing it off screen on a
subpage and displaying the list subpage after you hit the endalbums
marker.

Set a regex to set the subpage join high when end albums is hit.

my xbmc lists are massive (literally thousands of elements) and I have
no speed issues doing it in this manner.

Nadim Awan

Jun 22, 2010, 2:08:51 PM6/22/10
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Just like double buffering

On Jun 22, 5:37 am, Jarrod Bell <jar...@guilink.com> wrote:

> This is expected, we are working on ne...

Fiasco

Jun 23, 2010, 1:15:45 AM6/23/10
to CommandFusion
I just tried a 2200 element list. takes about 3 to 4 seconds to load
and display.

My problem with big lists is emptying them out or reloading them which
locks up iviewer