Insteon ISY-99i and Command Fusion

Shad

Nov 21, 2009, 10:56:52 PM11/21/09
to CommandFusion
Hey i was just wondering if anyone had experience with the Universal
Devices ISY-99i and Command Fusion/IViewer. I believe i can send URL
syntax such as

http://192.xxx.x.x/rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON

via command fusion through rest. The 192.xxx.x.x would be the ISY-99i
device, the 99999 would be the light and the DON would be the command
to turn the 99999 switch on.

Does anyone have any experience with the ISY-99i and command fusion?

Would command fusion have any problem sending the URL syntax over my
network to the ISY-99i device?

If it would work than it would provide great lighting control at a
very low cost that would be completely customizable.

Thanks
Shad

Shad

Nov 21, 2009, 11:00:47 PM11/21/09
to CommandFusion
Here is a link to the universal devices wiki that gives some more
information on what i would like to do. http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=3452

Thanks
Shad

Jarrod Bell

Nov 22, 2009, 1:47:45 AM11/22/09
to CommandFusion
We don't officially support HTTP protocols, but you can try creating
the HTTP Request byte structure and send it as a command to your
system.

I think there are posts here relating to HTTP request structure which
will give you a starting point.

Jarrod

On Nov 22, 3:00 pm, Shad <deg01...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a link to the universal devices wiki that gives some more
> information on what i would like to do.http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=3452

Shad

Nov 23, 2009, 2:11:03 AM11/23/09
to CommandFusion
Thanks for the information although I am a little lost.

Would this be similar to sending commands to misterhouse?

Are there any examples out there that anyone knows of?

I'll keep searching also.

Thanks
Shad

Shad

Nov 23, 2009, 5:33:18 PM11/23/09
to CommandFusion
Just an update on where I am at. Looking into it more I found someone
that wanted to do something similar. Linked here.

http://groups.google.com/group/commandfusion/browse_thread/thread/5e5fa2998a96dbf7/981be35b16ea9ee4?lnk=gst&q=http+request

Can someone confirm if this is correct and if it works. Once again
the http request would be http://192.xxx.x.x/rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON.

GET /rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON /1.0\nHOST: http://192.xxx.x.x\xoa\xoa

Thanks
Shad

Jarrod Bell

Nov 23, 2009, 5:54:21 PM11/23/09
to CommandFusion
Try:

GET /rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON HTTP/1.0\x0AHOST: 192.xxx.x.x\x0A\x0A

I cannot confirm that it will work because I don't have any systems
that are controllable via HTTP Requests.

Jarrod

On Nov 24, 9:33 am, Shad <deg01...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just an update on where I am at. Looking into it more I found someone
> that wanted to do something similar. Linked here.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/commandfusion/browse_thread/thread/5e5...
>
> Can someone confirm if this is correct and if  it works. Once again
> the http request would behttp://192.xxx.x.x/rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON.

Shad

Nov 23, 2009, 11:14:36 PM11/23/09
to CommandFusion
It looks like this HTTP structure will work but i need to send my
authentication information also. This information would be my username
and password that is base64 encoded.

A example would be

User name: admin
Password: admin.

Using the link http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp
which is a good free base64 decoder i get YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=

This makes the whole http structure look like

GET /rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON HTTP/1.0\x0AHOST: 192.xxx.x.x
Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=\x0A\x0A

My questions are.

Does this look right?

How do i put this in Command Fusion, Can i just put it all on one line
in the command value portion of guidesigner?
A example of what it would look like written out on one line for
command fusion would be greatly appreciated if possible.

Thanks
Shad

Jarrod Bell

Nov 24, 2009, 12:29:37 AM11/24/09
to CommandFusion
Try:

GET /rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON HTTP/1.0\x0AHOST: 192.xxx.x.x
\x0AAuthorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=\x0A\x0A

Just remember any newline requires the \x0A hex character

Looks like your on the right track.

Jarrod

On Nov 24, 3:14 pm, Shad <deg01...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like this HTTP structure will work but i need to send my
> authentication information also. This information would be my username
> and password that is base64 encoded.
>
> A example would be
>
> User name: admin
> Password: admin.
>
> Using the linkhttp://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp

Jarrod Bell

Dec 2, 2009, 10:03:51 AM12/2/09
to CommandFusion
Just found out that some systems may also require the carriage return
character along with the newline character, so the command would look
like:

GET /rest/nodes/99999/cmd/DON HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHOST: 192.xxx.x.x\x0D
\x0AAuthorization: Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

(all one line)

Jarrod

Jarrod Bell

Dec 2, 2009, 10:37:37 AM12/2/09
to CommandFusion
Posted a little how-to guide in our wiki for anyone else who is
looking for examples of controlling devices via HTTP requests using
iViewer:
http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki/index.php?title=GuiDesigner:System_Manager:Commands:HTTP_Request_Commands

Jarrod

Shad

Dec 3, 2009, 7:44:39 PM12/3/09
to CommandFusion
Hey,

I got my Insteon light control the ISY-99i yesterday and just wanted
to let you know that this works perfectly. The carriage return was
indeed needed for my application. The code for one of my lights ended
up being;

Get /rest/nodes/12%204B%205A%201/cmd/DOF HTTP/1.1\x0D\x0AHost:
192.168.50.100\x0AAuthorization:Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=\x0D\x0A\x0D\x0A

Thanks for the help and info. I now have full control of all the
devices on the insteon system from my itouch.

Shad

Jarrod Bell

Dec 6, 2009, 1:03:26 AM12/6/09
to CommandFusion
Great to hear. Very happy to see HTTP Requests are working as custom
commands.

Jarrod

Marcelo Almeida Rocha

Jul 22, 2014, 8:53:17 AM7/22/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

Sorry my noob question, but where I can find the device node id?

I checked in the  /rest/nodes but I just found the address as a ID (pnode or address).

<node flag="0">
<address>22 F9 8A 6</address>
<name>DIM.QUARTO_MASTER_C4</name>
<type>1.66.67.0</type>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<deviceClass>0</deviceClass>
<wattage>0</wattage>
<dcPeriod>0</dcPeriod>
<pnode>22 F9 8A 1</pnode>
<ELK_ID>A07</ELK_ID>
<property id="ST" value="0" formatted="Off" uom="%/on/off"/>
</node>

Thanks a lot

Jarrod Bell

Jul 22, 2014, 9:07:49 AM7/22/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the address field is what you are after, %20 in the HTTP request is just a URL encoded space character.
Get /rest/nodes/22%20F9%208A%206/cmd/DOF

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com

Barry Gordon

Jul 22, 2014, 9:29:26 AM7/22/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
I believe your question would be better addressed to the Universal Devices ISY forum. Devices do not have IDs, they have addresses. Scenes and programs in the ISY have IDs.

I believe that the <pnode> </pnode> clause is the device address.  The values of t he other clauses are described in the WSDL documentation.

Note that the address clause has the same basic address as the pnode address (22 F9 8A). I know nothing about the ELK But suspect has an overall address and then sub-addresses for sub devices under its control

Sent from my iPad

Barry Gordon

Jul 22, 2014, 9:31:07 AM7/22/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com
The ISY Admin console will show you just what the two addresses represent ( address and pnode).

Sent from my iPad

Marcelo Almeida Rocha

Jul 22, 2014, 9:44:52 AM7/22/14
to comman...@googlegroups.com, jar...@commandfusion.com