HTTP Set requests

alloyd

Aug 17, 2009, 12:37:22 PM8/17/09
to CommandFusion
I have the commandfusion controlling 232 and IR no problem with the
GC100, I would also like to control a Dynalite system that has a
Ethernet adaptor. If I send a HTTP request in a browser I can set the
lighting presets, level etc. I would like to send out the same HTTP
requests from Command Fusion. The code is for example http:\
\192.168.5.24\SetDyNet.cgi?a=1&p=2 (this is the IP address of the
Dynalite ethernet module)
Any assitance would be great even if confirmation that it cant be done
this way and we have to put a 232 module on the lighting system thats
controlled from the GC100

Jarrod

Aug 18, 2009, 3:43:49 AM8/18/09
to CommandFusion
Hi,

Our software does not support sending HTTP requests natively. But
perhaps you can generate the correct HTTP Request packet data and send
it as a custom command.

The typical format of a HTTP GET Request is like so:
GET /SetDyNet.cgi?a=1&p=2 HTTP/1.0\nHost: http://192.168.5.24\n\n

Send this on port 80 to 192.168.5.24 over TCP.

Come to think of it, you might have to change the \n's to the
equivalent hex char code \x0A

GET /SetDyNet.cgi?a=1&p=2 HTTP/1.0\x0AHost: http://192.168.5.24\x0A\x0A

This is basically what your browser would send to the device when you
request a page. You might be able to find a FireFox plugin (liveHTTP
Headers I think its called) which shows you exactly whats being sent
by your browser when you access any page.

Jarrod

Jarrod

Aug 18, 2009, 3:59:01 AM8/18/09
to CommandFusion
You probably dont need the http:// at the start of the host details
either:

GET /SetDyNet.cgi?a=1&p=2 HTTP/1.0\x0AHost: 192.168.5.24\x0A\x0A

Jarrod