comedi.o not loaded

nour

Mar 13, 2009, 6:01:25 AM3/13/09
to Comedi: Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
Hi,

I have tried to get a NI DAQCard 6024E to work on my ubuntu system
(kernel version 2.6.27).
I seemed to have no problem getting to install comedi and comedilib.
I try to configure my device to /dev/comedi0 with following command:

/usr/sbin/comedi_config /dev/comedi0 ni_mio_cs <my option list>

but i got an error messege "comedi.o not loaded".

thank you in advance

Bernd Porr

Mar 13, 2009, 7:31:24 AM3/13/09
to comed...@googlegroups.com
seems so that there's no driver installed actually. If you check out
from CVS and compile the drivers you probably won't need to run
comedi_config.

/Bernd
--
www: http://www.berndporr.me.uk/
http://www.linux-usb-daq.co.uk/

Ian Abbott

Mar 13, 2009, 7:53:56 AM3/13/09
to comed...@googlegroups.com

What happens if you do

sudo modprobe ni_mio_cs

and does /sbin/lsmod show the module loaded?

Also, if you are using the current CVS version of comedi, then by
default, all comedi devices are reserved for autoconfigured PCI and USB
devices, so if you want to configure ISA or PCMCIA devices you need to
tell Comedi to reserve some or all comedi devices with a module option
when the comedi.ko module is loaded. The easiest way to do that is to
create and edit /etc/modprobe.d/comedi and add one of the following lines:

options comedi comedi_num_legacy_minors=4

(you can change the number 4 if you want), or:

options comedi comedi_autoconfig=0

The first option, comedi_num_legacy_minors=4 reserves 4 comedi devices
for use by non-autoconfigured devices. The second option
comedi_autoconfig=0 disables auto-configuration completely. Take your pick!

You'll have to run 'sudo depmod -a' and reload all the comedi modules
for the change to take effect, or just reboot.

One of these days, perhaps Comedi's auto-configuration mechanism will be
extended to PCMCIA drivers, but don't hold your breath!

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd. E-mail: <abb...@mev.co.uk> )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898 FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587 )=-

nour

Mar 13, 2009, 11:53:51 AM3/13/09
to Comedi: Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
thank you very much, now it works with:
options comedi comedi_autoconfig=0
> -=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd. E-mail: <abbo...@mev.co.uk> )=-

dumbledoo

Mar 18, 2009, 4:20:37 PM3/18/09
to Comedi: Linux Control and Measurement Device Interface
For an additional reference, I was getting the same problem for the
comedi_test, comed_rt_timer, and comedi_parport modules but using
Ian's reference above fixed the problem. ie when inserting the comedi
module:
$ modprobe comedi comedi_num_legacy_minors=4