erubycon

Joe OBrien

Jan 30, 2007, 11:33:08 AM1/30/07
to colum...@googlegroups.com, Ken Pelletier, Paul Collins, RT, Mathew Sheets, Mike Perz, Carrie I. Dodson, Aaron Bedra, Chad Humphries, Ken Barker, Nick Ang
Ok everyone. I'm sorry. I know the communication surrounding the
conference has been terrible. This is my fault.

erubycon has been postponed. I've been dragging my feet on
communicating this because there are a lot of logistics that go into
this. We did not want to send out a slew of dates and continue the
"it's been put off again" thread. We had to make sure not to step on
other conferences going on, and to coordinate a time when the
speakers could attend. The greatest part of erubycon is the line up
of speakers we have. This is something we did not want to change.
We are working on a new site that should be up this evening or
tomorrow. The registration page has been updated already.

We now have contracted with the hotel, and with the speakers (well,
75% of them have confirmed). We are now on for the new dates.

July 16, 17 and 18. This is a day pattern of Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday.

We have also significantly changed the price. Admission is 249 for
regular admission and 199 for User Groups (I'll be sending out
discount codes shortly for user groups to use). We also have group
rates available for 5 or more admissions.

For those of you who have requested a full refund, they will be going
out this week. For the rest of you who have registered, you will be
refunded the difference between what you paid and the lowest
available rate (199). Again, these will be sent out this week.

This event will not be rescheduled again. We have lined up
significant sponsorship, as well as financial backing from EdgeCase
to ensure that we pull off a successful event.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally with any questions,
concerns or frustrations.

email: joe [at] theedgecase.com
phone: 614/906-1394

Thank you,