February Columbus Ruby Brigade Meeting Info ...

Robert Stevenson

Feb 15, 2006, 1:03:32 PM2/15/06
to Columbus Ruby Brigade
Are you ready for February's Columbus Ruby Brigade meeting!?!?

This is just a reminder to everyone that starting this month, we're
going to start to meet on the Third MONDAY of each month, which means
that the next CRB meeting is on ___February 20th @ 6:00pm!___

Pizza and Pop will be provided courtesy of Thoughtworks!

Aaron Bedra has graciously volunteered (last minute... Thanks Aaron!)
to do a presentation on AJAX. He is hoping to demonstrate some stuff
from the (currently beta) Pragmatic Ajax book, some examples using
Scriptaculous and then head into our favorite web app and demonstrate
using Ajax in Rails.

So if you were one of the people sitting around me last meeting and
couldn't answer my Dumb Guy question of "What exactly is all this
"RJS" stuff about?", then Aaron is here to help! Yet another "DG"
question I can mark off my list as answered. Boo-yea!

But wait ... put away your wallets ... there's more! Show up for this
month's CRB meeting and you'll get a special presentation done by Dave
Vollbracht comparing Reflection in both Ruby and Java! Damn! You
can't BUY this stuff! Ha! Dave is one smart dude and I'm looking
forward to seeing just how Ruby implements Reflection since I
(unfortunately) know all about it from the Java side of things. Good
times!

The Columbus Ruby Brigade meeting is held in the new Cardinal
Solutions office located at:
401 N. Front. St.
Suite 210
Columbus, OH 43215
Directions: http://url123.com/svmks

The doors are locked, so if someone isn't there waiting, please give
me a call on my cell phone and we'll come and get you: 614-329-8900

Cardinal Solutions is located in the building above O'Shaughnessy's
Pub, with the entrance in the street/alley between O'Shaughnessy's and
Gordon Birsch.

Here's a link to a parking lot map (Bottom of the page):
http://www.ospub.com/howtofindus.php

Last month I parked in the Vine Street garage across the foot bridge
from Gordon Birsch and it cost $3. That seems to be the same price
for the garage attached to the Arena Grand theatre. Wild rumors
speculated that the parking lot at the corner of Vine and Front St was
free ... but read the signs to avoid a (possible) nasty towage.

If you have any questions, etc feel free to email the list or send me
mail personally ...

See you there on Monday!
-Rob

Matthew Parrish

Feb 17, 2006, 2:16:48 PM2/17/06
to Columbus Ruby Brigade
Can someone who has access (Jason, Joe?) update the brigade site to
show the date/time of the Feb meeting? It is still listed as TBD and I
wouldn't want anyone to miss the exciting presentations! :)

Also, it might be a good idea to put the parking tips on the site, too.
Maybe a meeting FAQ kind of thing?

Thanks,
Matthew

Muness Alrubaie

Feb 17, 2006, 2:29:38 PM2/17/06
to colum...@googlegroups.com
I changed website\trunk\columbusrb\app\views\layouts\application.rhtml
to display date/time.

Joe/Jason, what else needs to be done? I don't see the changes on the site...

Muness

Muness Alrubaie

Feb 17, 2006, 6:11:14 PM2/17/06
to colum...@googlegroups.com
All,

OK, it's up and running.

Anton and I will be taking over sys admin responsibilities from Joe so
he can get a chance to breath. ;)

Muness

Gayle Craig

Feb 20, 2006, 10:43:59 AM2/20/06
to Columbus Ruby Brigade
As if you needed another good reason to come to tonight's meeting...
because of the President's day holiday, parking meters downtown are
FREE today. Here's the parking meters closest to the Cardinal
Solutions office that I know of:

> There are parking meters on Nationwide Blvd. WATCH THE SIGNS, SOME HAVE RESTRICTED HOURS
- On Nationwide Blvd West of Marconi Blvd, you can park there
anytime after 9am (this is your best bet)
- On Nationwide Blvd between Marconi Blvd and Front St, you cannot
park there until after 6pm!