O'Reilly User Group Program

Joe OBrien

Feb 8, 2007, 7:47:58 AM2/8/07
to colum...@googlegroups.com
What a way to get groups to sign up. It seems that a few dozen RB's
signed up just for the Rails Conf discount.

Anyway, we are now officially user group members with O'Reilly. What
does that mean? I'm still sorting most of it out. The biggest bonus
is that we get a huge discount on the online catalog:

Your group members receive a 35% discount on O'Reilly, No Starch,
Paraglyph, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, SitePoint, Syngress, or
YoungJin products purchased directly from O'Reilly. The discount code
your members should use is DSUG. Orders can be placed online at
http://www.oreilly.com/store/ or by calling 800-998-9938. Your members
are also entitled to a discount on O'Reilly conferences and tutorials.
Other special discount offers may also be forwarded to your group from
time to time.

I'll be posting more details as we come across them. We get other
perks such as review copies of books, etc... I'll see how we go about
all of this and let you know.

-Joe

Keith Veleba

Feb 8, 2007, 10:13:04 AM2/8/07
to colum...@googlegroups.com
FYI - Works for PDF purchases as well.  That was a surprise to me!