Becoming a mentor

Nadja Deininger

Aug 23, 2014, 1:19:59 PM8/23/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm interested in becoming a CoderDojo mentor. The Science Gallery dojo would probably suit me best location-wise - I live in Ballsbridge.

I'm using Python and C++ a lot recently, although I know a variety of other programming languages (Java, Scheme, Haskell, Javascript, C, some Processing...). While I haven't taught kids before, I did get some teaching experience as a teaching assistant at university as well. I'm in my final year of my computer science degree, but have worked in the software industry to put myself through college.

Is there an opportunity for me to help out as a mentor after the summer break?

Thanks,
Nadja

james.ge...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2014, 12:33:15 PM8/26/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nadja,

My name is James Geoghegan and I work for Lucinda Creighton, the TD.

She is organising a public meeting in Marian College on the 9th of September, details attached. Would be grateful if came along to potentially be a mentor once we have generated interest and the class.

Feel free to call me @ 0862769483 or contact by email at james.ge...@gmail.com

Many thanks,

James
Sandymount Meeting.pdf

Brian Matthews

Aug 27, 2014, 10:30:36 AM8/27/14
to coderdoj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nadja,

You would be more than welcome at The Science Gallery. We haven't scheduled the first session for the 2014/15 term but I'm hoping it will be September 6th. We will post to the group when the date is firmed up. Sessions normally run from 1-3pm or 1-4pm on Saturday afternoons. Some of the mentors are usually there around 12:45pm to get things organised.

We'll probably start off teaching Scratch and HTML/Javascript to the main group. But there is also a bunch of kids doing projects in various languages including Python and C++.

Brian