Hotel Room Rates for CodeMash 2010

Jim Holmes

Oct 21, 2009, 8:54:09 PM10/21/09
to CodeMash
CodeMash prices for the rooms at Kalahari are below. All prices are
WITHOUT taxes.

Hut/Run of House $88
Lodge $98
African Queen $162
Combo Suite $162
Village Suite $262

Specifically mention CodeMash when you're making your reservations.
These rates are good Tuesday through Saturday. Yes, they gave us the
same kickbutt prices on the full weekend, too!

Unfortunately, next year (2011) we'll see a $50 bump in the Friday and
Saturday rates, so enjoy the really cheap weekend rates this year!

Larry Siden

Oct 22, 2009, 2:32:21 PM10/22/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
What does "Hut/Run of House" mean?  What kind of "hut/house" are we talking about.  Is there heat and running water?  Is there a shower?

Larry Siden
http://umich.edu/~lsiden
734-926-9614
skype: lsiden

Michael Eaton

Oct 22, 2009, 2:35:09 PM10/22/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
Larry,

You might want to check the Kalahari website:
http://www.kalahariresorts.com/

mike

Larry Siden wrote:
> What does "Hut/Run of House" mean? What kind of "hut/house" are we
> talking about. Is there heat and running water? Is there a shower?
>
> Larry Siden
> http://umich.edu/~lsiden <http://umich.edu/%7Elsiden>

Douglas Sjoquist

Oct 22, 2009, 2:40:38 PM10/22/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
They are located just to the west of the main parking lot -- really pretty nice until the sleet blows in through the hole in the thatch above the cooking fire.

As long as you can keep the varmints out, they are a good deal.  Last year I had to contend with two warthogs -- but the conference itself made up for it.

Oh yeah, remember to not go out until sunrise, the hyenas can be pretty vicious in January.

Doug

Michael Kimsal

Oct 22, 2009, 2:44:05 PM10/22/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
The Hut rooms are fine - more than adequate for one person, or even two.  A family might be a bit cramped in there, but they're perfectly fine rooms.  I've been totally impressed to get a room so nice for $88 (with tax it's $99 I think).  Rather sorry to hear they'll be going up *$50* next year.  :/
--
Michael Kimsal
http://jsmag.com - for javascript developers

Larry Siden

Oct 22, 2009, 2:49:03 PM10/22/09
to code...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'll sleep with a bb gun by my bed.

Larry Siden
http://umich.edu/~lsiden
734-926-9614
skype: lsiden