The CodeMash team is growing! We're adding a Sponsor Engagement Manager to
our staff. If you are a highly organized, dependable individual with a
penchant for tireless networking and above all a lover of all things
CodeMash, we'd love to talk to you! Read on to learn more about the
position and if interested please get in touch and send your resume to
CodeMash was founded with the express goal of providing attendees with a
high-quality event at a very reasonable cost, a lofty goal given the
considerable expenses involved in organizing such an event. It's possible
because of the incredible relationships we've built with a wide array of
local, national and international companies who subsidize the event in
return for a varied array of sponsorship opportunities.
The Sponsor Engagement Manager reports to the Board of Directors and is key
to helping us meet sponsorship income goals each year ($120,000 for
CodeMash 2013). This person will be responsible for maintaining and growing
these valued relationships while crafting and executing a sponsorship
strategy for the 2014 event and beyond. These duties include but are not
* Coordinates with the Board on sponsorship goals for the upcoming
* Development and maintenance of the CodeMash sponsorship prospectus which
details the various sponsorship levels and costs.
* Find and develop relationships with new potential sponsors. Maintain
excellent relationships with existing and past sponsors.
* Handle sponsorship sales process from initial contact to contract signing
* Work closely with the CodeMash Sponsor Coordinator to ensure proper flow
of information and deliverables between CodeMash and sponsors
* Delivery of regular updates to the CodeMash organizers and board
* Recording and provision of bookkeeping-related information to the
While sales or promotional experience is a plus, we place far higher value
on the candidate's organizational and communication skills, willingness and
eagerness to assume responsibility, reliability, and above all integrity.
The position is crucial to the success of CodeMash's future endeavors, and
the selected candidate will have demonstrated a clear understanding of the
crucial role he or she will play.
CodeMash is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization run exclusively by unpaid
volunteers. This position is similarly unpaid, however the benefits are
truly extraordinary. The sponsorship coordinator will:
* Have the opportunity to play a pivotal role organizing one of the fastest
growing technical conferences in the country.
* Build an extraordinary network through close interaction with
cutting-edge technology companies hailing from all over the United States.
* Be in possession of a guaranteed ticket and hotel room for upcoming
CodeMash events. :-)
# So When Do You Start?
The Sponsor Engagement Manager will play a pivotal role the 2014 event and
beyond. This individual would however join the team effective immediately
in order to understand the organization's internal mechanisms as we finish
planning for the 2013 event.
You'd love to join our team? Fantastic. Send your resume to
bo...@codemash.org and we'll be in touch.