CodeMash Session Announcement!

Jason Gilmore

Nov 12, 2008, 8:18:12 PM11/12/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Fellow CodeMashers,

After much debate, cajoling, discussion, and gnashing of the teeth,
we're pleased to announce the list of accepted sessions. With each
passing year this process becomes much more difficult, not only
because of the high quality of submissions, but also because of the
growing quantity. In fact, this year we received over 300 submissions!
Accordingly, we're pleased to announce the addition of a 7th
concurrent track, bringing our total count over the two-day period to
a whopping 63 sessions!

Below you'll find the list of sessions, ordered according to the
presenter's first name. In the coming days we'll be posting the
titles, descriptions, and speaker bios on the CodeMash site, along
with a schedule.

Speakers: in the coming days I'll be following up with you regarding
various speaker-related matters, and of course am always available via
this e-mail address.

Jason Gilmore and Dianne Marsh
CodeMash Speaker Coordinators

=====
THE LIST!
=====
* Ruby Isn't Just About Rails (Adam Wiggins)
* Actor Concurrency (Alex Miller)
* Rich Apps with Groovy's SwingBuilder (Andres Almiray)
* MS Robotics Studio vs. The Antique Robot (Andrew Craze)
* Executable documentation with easyb (Andrew Glover)
* Microsoft Virtual Earth, Now in 3D (Aydin Akcasu)
* deep LINQ: C# query expression pattern (Bill Wagner)
* Modeling types with extension methods (Bill Wagner)
* Soft Skillz (Brian Prince)
* Refactoring Java with JRuby (Brian Sam-Bodden)

* Ruby Web Components with Trellis (Brian Sam-Bodden)
* Functional Concepts for OOP Developers (Bryan Weber)
* Re-thinking UI - WPF DataTemplates (Carey Payette)
* Introducing the iPhone SDK (Chris Adamson)
* Introducing Drupal: A Look Inside Zattoo's Drupal Implementation
(Chris Cassell)
* iPhone Web Development with Grails (Christopher M. Judd)
* JRuby and the Infinite Toolbox (Clinton R. Nixon)
* Silverlight 2 Architectural Best Practices (David J Kelley)
* Language Oriented DDD (David Laribee)
* Practical Scala (Dianne Marsh)

* Managed Extensibility Framework (Drew Robbins)
* Modern Web Applications with .NET (Drew Robbins)
* Multi-threading Mojo with F# (Dustin Campbell)
* Grease, a parallel systems architecture (Edward Vielmetti)
* Introducing Agile for Real World Developers (Greg Huber)
* Well, Isn't that Spatial... (SQL Server 2008 Spatial Data) (Jason Follas)
* CI: More than just a toolset (Jay Harris)
* A Look Inside Microsoft Labs: Photosynth, Deep Zoom, Live Mesh, and
More (Jeff Blankenburg)
* Introducing the LiveMesh SDK (Jeff Blankenburg)
* Developing for Microsoft Surface (Jennifer Marsman)

* Dev Guide: Skinning Silverlight Controls (Jesse Liberty)
* Dynamic Hyper-Video in Silverlight (Jesse Liberty)
* Three Tips to Improve Your Dev Process (Jim Holmes)
* Griffon in front, Grails in back (Jim Shingler)
* What? Threads Are Hard? (Jim Weirich)
* Reverse Engineering Applications (Joe Kuemerle)
* Developing JoeMetric for the iPhone (Joe O'Brien)
* Testing Rails (Joe O'Brien)
* A Programmers Guide to User Experience (Josh Walsh)
* Guerilla SOA for WCF (Joshua Graham)

* Demystifying Windows Communication Foundation (Keith Elder)
* Spring 2.5 MVC (Ken Sipe)
* Erlang: The Basics (Kevin Smith)
* Ruby Desktop Application Framework (Lance Carlson)
* Introducing Prototype and Scriptaculous (Leon Gersing)
* JVM scripting with Jython (Mark Ramm)
* Thrashing (Mary Poppendieck)
* Groovy/Grails for non-Java developers (Michael Kimsal)
* IronRuby In The Real World (Michael Letterle)
* Test Infecting the Legacy Organization (Nathaniel Schutta)

* Dynamic Languages and the JVM (Nathaniel Schutta)
* Scaling Habits of ASP.NET Applications (Richard Campbell)
* Adobe Flex with MVC Frameworks (Robert A. O'Malley)
* Clean Code Ruby (Robert C. Martin)
* Pumping Iron into Python: Intro to FePy (Sarah Dutkiewicz)
* Cool Stuff With Computer Vision (Scott Preston)
* Improving Web Application Performance and Scalability (Steve Smith)
* Practices of an Agile Developer (Venkat Subramaniam)
* Programming in Scala (Venkat Subramaniam)
* Cloud Computing with .Net (Wesley Faler)
* Python Data Visualization and Imaging (Zach Steindler)

Christopher Judd

Nov 12, 2008, 9:23:46 PM11/12/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Wow. I think this looks even better than last year.

Christopher M. Judd
Judd Solutions, LLC
President & Consultant

Author of
Bearable Moments
Co-author of Beginning Groovy and Grails,

Scott Preston

Nov 13, 2008, 11:02:15 AM11/13/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Incredible Line-Up. Too bad I'm going to have too choose between sessions!

Corey Haines

Nov 13, 2008, 11:08:15 AM11/13/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
If only we had enough money as a conference to hire confreaks, then we could watch the videos of the sessions we missed.
--
http://www.coreyhaines.com
The Internet's Premiere source of information about Corey Haines

Alex Miller

Nov 16, 2008, 12:47:37 AM11/16/08
to CodeMash
This sounds great! Glad to see I'm on the list too. :) When will
speaker information be sent out? I have a number of questions.

Alex Miller
http://tech.puredanger.com

Jason Gilmore

Nov 16, 2008, 1:21:24 PM11/16/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

An e-mail to all speakers will be sent out Monday evening.

Jason
--
W. Jason Gilmore
Author, Beginning PHP and MySQL, Third Edition

Looking for an expert Web developer at a great price? Contact me!

Jesse Liberty

Nov 18, 2008, 11:18:19 AM11/18/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but I either didn't get it or it was somehow misfiled. Can you confirm it went to me, and if so can I trouble you to send it again and I'll try very hard to track it. Alternatively, you can send it to jlib...@jliberty.com though I typically get your email at jlib...@microsoft.com without a hitch.

Thanks!

-jesse

Jason Gilmore

Nov 18, 2008, 12:42:14 PM11/18/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesse,

The e-mail actually went out around 10am this morning (in your case,
to your Microsoft address). I'll forward the e-mail to you anew in a
moment.

Jason

johnnystock

Nov 18, 2008, 12:44:43 PM11/18/08
to CodeMash
If this was supposed to go to pre-compiler speakers as well I never
received it either.

On Nov 18, 9:42 am, "Jason Gilmore" <w...@wjgilmore.com> wrote:
> Hi Jesse,
>
> The e-mail actually went out around 10am this morning (in your case,
> to your Microsoft address). I'll forward the e-mail to you anew in a
> moment.
>
> Jason
>

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Jesse Liberty <jlibe...@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but I either didn't get it or it was somehow misfiled.  Can you confirm it went to me, and if so can I trouble you to send it again and I'll try very hard to track it. Alternatively, you can send it to jlibe...@jliberty.com though I typically get your email at jlibe...@microsoft.com without a hitch.
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > -jesse

Jason Gilmore

Nov 18, 2008, 1:29:52 PM11/18/08
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A separate e-mail to pre-compiler speakers will be going out shortly.

Jason