What's new in the coming Gwt Maven Plugin 2.1.1

olive...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2010, 1:27:26 PM11/26/10
to Codehaus Mojo gwt-maven-plugin Users
Hi Folks,
I have just posted a blog entry :
http://olamy.blogspot.com/2010/11/whats-new-in-coming-gwt-maven-plugin.html.

So if you guys have some time to test it.
Feedbacks are welcome !

Thanks,
--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy

PS : I will try to fix the archetype stuff too !

olive...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2010, 10:30:37 AM11/29/10
to Codehaus Mojo gwt-maven-plugin Users
Hi Folks,
I have just added today a new feature which is to generate/merge
web.xml with classes annotated with @RemoteServiceRelativePath. [1]
Yes the life is too short to write manually web.xml files ! (and I
don't want to wait moving to servlet 3.0 :-) )

Have Fun !
--
Olivier

[1] http://people.apache.org/~olamy/staging-sites/gwt-maven-plugin-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT/user-guide/remoteservicerelativepath-annotation.html

On 26 nov, 19:27, "ol...@apache.org" <oliver.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I have just posted a blog entry :http://olamy.blogspot.com/2010/11/whats-new-in-coming-gwt-maven-plugi....
>
> So if you guys have some time to test it.
> Feedbacks are welcome !
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Olivier Lamyhttp://twitter.com/olamyhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy

Arthur Kalmenson

Nov 30, 2010, 2:04:19 PM11/30/10
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Great job Olivier, thanks!

--
Arthur Kalmenson

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:30 AM, ol...@apache.org
<olive...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I have just added today a new feature which is to generate/merge
> web.xml with classes annotated with @RemoteServiceRelativePath. [1]
> Yes the life is too short to write manually web.xml files ! (and I
> don't want to wait moving to servlet 3.0 :-) )
>
> Have Fun !
> --
> Olivier
> http://twitter.com/olamy
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~olamy/staging-sites/gwt-maven-plugin-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT/user-guide/remoteservicerelativepath-annotation.html
>
> On 26 nov, 19:27, "ol...@apache.org" <oliver.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>> I have just posted a blog entry :http://olamy.blogspot.com/2010/11/whats-new-in-coming-gwt-maven-plugi....
>>
>> So if you guys have some time to test it.
>> Feedbacks are welcome !
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Olivier Lamyhttp://twitter.com/olamyhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy
>>
>> PS : I will try to fix the archetype stuff too !

Jesse Farinacci

Nov 30, 2010, 9:29:54 PM11/30/10
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 1:27 PM, ol...@apache.org <olive...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have just posted a blog entry :
> http://olamy.blogspot.com/2010/11/whats-new-in-coming-gwt-maven-plugin.html.

Your work is really appreciated, Oliver. You're an asset to the community! :-)

> So if you guys have some time to test it.
> Feedbacks are welcome !

I bumped to 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT for two of my projects and found no
regressions, everything seems to be working fine.

With respect to the new feature about web.xml merging, perhaps it
could be generically refactored into something for the m-war-p also?
I'm using Tomcat 7 in production now though, so this is something of
the past for me -- thankfully! -- but I know the users for m-war-p
could utilize this feature also (namely, with war overlays add
everything in web.xml not otherwise in conflict).

A final comment, did the site skin change? There are lots of UI
changes to the site, most of them good. This was something that
changed for 2.1.0 but I don't see fixed for 2.1.1-SN ... For instance,
check out http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/run-mojo.html and
notice that in Chromium 8.0.552.28 and Firefox 3.6.12, both Linux,
there is a huge cyan background area serving no useful purpose...

I'd recommend we fix the site issue and the archetypes issue, which
many people seem to actually use, before a 2.1.1 release.. but wow,
lots of great stuff resolved. Thanks again for all your efforts,

-Jesse

Olivier Lamy

Dec 1, 2010, 5:15:09 AM12/1/10
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Oh site for all goals is bad !

I didn't notice that as I usually use cli for help :-)
mvn gwt:help -Ddetail=true -Dgoal=compile | less

It's probably due to site plugin upgrade. I'm not a css expert :-) but
I will try to fix that .

Please note the release version won't be 2.1.1 but 2.1.0-1
(explanation here [1] section "Versioning scheme")

--
Olivier
[1] http://people.apache.org/~olamy/staging-sites/gwt-maven-plugin-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT/faq.html

2010/12/1 Jesse Farinacci <jie...@gmail.com>:

Youngm

Dec 2, 2010, 1:19:16 PM12/2/10
to Codehaus Mojo gwt-maven-plugin Users
Works great for me as well. I'm anxiously awaiting the release.

Mike

On Nov 26, 11:27 am, "ol...@apache.org" <oliver.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I have just posted a blog entry :http://olamy.blogspot.com/2010/11/whats-new-in-coming-gwt-maven-plugi....
>
> So if you guys have some time to test it.
> Feedbacks are welcome !
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Olivier Lamyhttp://twitter.com/olamyhttp://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy

Olivier Lamy

Dec 2, 2010, 1:22:49 PM12/2/10
to codehaus-mojo-gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your testing time.
I will do this tomorrow (or later today if enough spare time).

- Olivier