Change by Us Philly - Beta version now live

1 view

Jeff Friedman

Oct 5, 2011, 4:30:51 PM10/5/11
to Code for America: Philadelphia
All: I want to extend an invitation to you to use Change by Us Philly,
the new social media collaboration tool that will make it easier to
contribute ideas, time, expertise and resources to make Philadelphia
neighborhoods better: http://philly.changeby.us

On Change by Us Philly you can:

• Share Ideas: Use Change by Us Philly to broadcast to others what you
have in mind. (tutorial - http://vimeo.com/28650728)

• Join a Project: Look for projects in your neighborhood or around the
city where you can help. (tutorial - http://vimeo.com/28649434)

• Build Teams and Create a Project: Use Change by Us Philly to set up
and lead your own project, and turn your idea into reality. Connect
quickly with the people who will help your project from start to
finish. Someone has the idea, someone has the plan, someone has the
tools, and together you can work to accomplish your goals. (tutorial -
http://vimeo.com/28648130)

• Find Resources: Use Change by Us Philly to find and connect with
public and non-profit programs that can help your project succeed.

We need help to fill Change by Us Philly with activity (participants,
projects, ideas and resources) in order to make it a success. It’s
important to us that we grow this online community from the ground up
with real projects, ideas and people. If you don’t want to start a
project, maybe you’d like to join one?

Again, to find our project, go to http://philly.changeby.us. We are
currently releasing Change by Us Philly in "beta," which means we're
adding features and fixing bugs. We are collecting feedback, concerns
and questions about the site at in...@philly.changeby.us but I am also
available at this address. Let me know if you have any questions,
thoughts or concerns.

Thanks for your time and support.

Jeff Friedman
Manager of Civic Innovation & Participation
Office of Mayor Michael A. Nutter
City of Philadelphia
p: (215) 686-2150 | c: (215) 713-4016
www.phila.gov

Follow City of Philadelphia government online:
Twitter (City): @PhiladelphiaGov
Twitter (Mayor): @Michael_Nutter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaCityGovernment