Snow Leopard and xcxdb

SeppMaier

Sep 13, 2009, 8:33:21 PM9/13/09
to Cocotron Developers
Does anyone have success on using xcxdb with Xcode 3.2 on 10.6?

Andrew Green

Dec 1, 2009, 11:24:44 AM12/1/09
to cocotr...@googlegroups.com
Not me ... I've just tried x-debugging with a project that was working great, but I guess I upgraded to 10.6 since the last time I tried it.

Any word from anyone else?

On Sep 13, 2009, at 19:33, SeppMaier wrote:
> Does anyone have success on using xcxdb with Xcode 3.2 on 10.6?

A++
---
Andrew Green a...@em.net
Electric Magic Co. +1 (831) 621 1822

xcoder

Dec 1, 2009, 1:22:29 PM12/1/09
to Cocotron Developers
i tried it. It's not working, but i think there are only some invalid
links in the zip. You need only to correct this links to fix the
issues.

Glenn

Rolf

Dec 1, 2009, 4:56:36 PM12/1/09
to Cocotron Developers
On 1 Dez., 14:24, Andrew Green <zoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not me ... I've just tried x-debugging with a project that was working great, but I guess I upgraded to 10.6 since the last time I tried it.
>
> Any word from anyone else?

I am the developer of xcxdb. I am still working with a PowerBook G4
and I am stuck with it to Leopard and Xcode 3.1.4, presumably until
April 2010.

Anyway, perhaps I can be of help to find the problem, that prevents
xcxdb from working together with Snow Leopard and Xcode 3.2. Please,
can anybody detail out a little bit what exact steps yield what exact
behaviour of xcxdb - Xcode - YourWinApp.

Best regards

Rolf

Andrew Green

Dec 12, 2009, 9:59:24 AM12/12/09
to cocotr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to take so long -- I got bogged down in another project right after I wrote, but I'll be back on this on Tuesday, at which point I'll get steps to you.

On Dec 1, 2009, at 15:56, Rolf wrote:

> Anyway, perhaps I can be of help to find the problem, that prevents
> xcxdb from working together with Snow Leopard and Xcode 3.2. Please,
> can anybody detail out a little bit what exact steps yield what exact
> behaviour of xcxdb - Xcode - YourWinApp.

Matt Gallagher

Mar 28, 2010, 7:37:44 AM3/28/10
to SeppMaier, cocotr...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 14 2009, 11:33 am, SeppMaier <t.h.schm...@web.de> wrote:
> Does anyone have success on using xcxdb with Xcode 3.2 on 10.6?

I've just setup xcxdb from scratch between Snow Leopard and XP Home
running in Virtual Box on the same machine. I can confirm that it
works but I did have to fix one bug: infrun.c contains a pointer size
conversion error (Snow Leopard now defaults to building in 64-bit and
this file contains a few lines that assume 32-bit). This causes the
install script to fail in a way that isn't obvious if you aren't
paying close attention.

To fix this (between now and when the SVN repository is updated), you
must download http://cocotron-tools-gpl3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/xcxdb
to a separate location i.e.

svn export http://cocotron-tools-gpl3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/xcxdb
~/Desktop/xcxdb-temp

Go into that temp location and change line 914 of gdb/infrun.c to:

error ("Invalid old scheduler mode: %ld", (long) scheduler_mode);

and line 928 to:

error ("Invalid new scheduler mode: %ld", (long) new_mode);

and replace lines 12 and 13 of the install-xcxdb.sh file with:

tmpsvndir=~/Desktop/xcxdb-temp #tmpsvndir=/tmp/xcxdb$(date +%s).svn
#svn export http://cocotron-tools-gpl3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/xcxdb
$tmpsvndir

i.e. comment out the old download and use the newly fixed location.