Crow Valley situation

DAVID A LEATHERMAN

Nov 28, 2017, 9:52:56 PM11/28/17
to COBIRDS

I should have mentioned that the road down into the campground is closed for the winter up near Weld CR77.  It is about a mile walk from the gate to where the redpolls were along Crow Creek ne of the Group Area.  Not sure what to make of a couple vehicles and a trailer down in the campground.  I think the big RV is that of the hosts which is winterized and apparently will be there until next spring.  Near the Picnic Shelter was a trailer and a pick-up truck.  This may be a contractor working to cut dead trees in the campground to whom the USFS gave a key.  Not sure.  I saw a motion detection camera set up in a small honeylocust in the southwest corner, apparently by a hunter, and there is a camo tent along the creek way out north, that appears to be that of a hunter or "resident".  All this is FYI if you plan to go out there in search of redpolls.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins

The "Nunn Guy"

Nov 29, 2017, 2:14:05 PM11/29/17
to Colorado Birds
Hi all

I contacted our (my employer) Pawnee Ranger Station about what Dave reported below his response:

"I have given permission for the rec.  contractor to remain on site in order to complete work scheduled. I will send Mike out to inquire about the camo tent. We did have an illegal hunting stand placed last summer, which was removed."

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.club/