Late report for Wednesday: TRICOLORED HERON-NO; LEAST BITTERN-NO; Green Heron-Yes at Holcim & Black Phoebe at Florence River Park

11 vues

SeEtta Moss

non lue,
20 juin 2013, 20:06:0820/06/2013
à cob...@googlegroups.com
My apologies I started to write this then the smoke from the wildfire by Wolf Creek Pass got bad and I had to leave home for awhile then forgot to send it last night.  This is the report for yesterday, Wednesday for Holcim Wetlands east of Florence and Florence River Park.

The TRICOLORED HERON was again not seen Wednesday morning by myself or two other birders (including Rosie Watts, who was on a quick trip to Colorado from her home in Arizona-she used to live in Penrose).  I also ran into Norm Lewis-he and I saw a Green Heron at Holcim Wetlands then drove down to the Florence River Park where we saw a Black Phoebe near the river (not able to check the Sewer District for breeding as they have closed the road to the back and the back area as off limits).

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Personal blog @ http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com
Blogging for Birds an Blooms Magazine @ http://BirdsAndBloomsBlog.com