Cottonwoods Marsh, Walden Ponds Avocets

42 vues

Carl Starace

non lue,
21 mars 2017, 14:45:2621/03/2017
à cob...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,      Jeff Parker and I had our scopes on Five American Avocets about mid morning. They weren't there when I showed up at 8 am. As we talked, a Say's Phoebe started singing just a few yards to our right. The Canvasbacks and pair of Pintails that have been regulars were absent. Good March Birding,        Carl Starace,  Niwot

Jeff Parks

non lue,
21 mars 2017, 16:48:1921/03/2017
à Colorado Birds
Yes, the avocets must have arrived just before I did, as they were there when I walked out onto the boardwalk.   I was hoping to see a Yellowlegs, since one has been reported there recently, but Avocets were good, too (see poor photo of three of them below).  In addition, there were a few killdeer and the Teal Trifecta, which is always a nice sight.  The Say's Phoebe was a nice little bonus, good thing Carl was there, as I didn't hear it.

good birding -

Jeff Parks

Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur