New Year's Resolution - eBird daily list

Gregg Goodrich

Dec 26, 2016, 11:11:06 AM12/26/16
to Cob...@googlegroups.com
Cobirders

Looking for a New Year's Resolution? Lose weight - no fun. Get in shape - no fun. Bird everyday - fun. eBird has a challenge for you. Submit an eBird checklist daily and possibly win a prize.

And it could not be easier using eBird mobile on your phone.

Viewing your backyard birds from your armchair with a cup of coffee is still valuable information for eBirds. I think I can do that!?

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch CO

Randy Siebert

Jan 1, 2017, 10:54:01 AM1/1/17
to Colorado Birds, Cob...@googlegroups.com
I completed the listaday challenge in 2016. It is an effort but worth trying, at least once.
I ended up with 548 complete checklists and 770 species. 347 of the complete checklists were from my home area of Boulder County.
I do recommend making the attempt. And yes, yard lists are accepted.

Randy Siebert
Lafayette, CO

Gregg Goodrich

Jan 1, 2017, 11:53:42 AM1/1/17
to Colorado Birds
OK, let the challenge begin. Had a Cooper's Hawk as first bird of the year on my back deck! Very nice. I have been doing the back yard here in my Highlands Ranch home in Douglas county for the last week and that has not been much trouble. So maybe I can do it.