Unusual Canada Goose, Arapahoe County

chrisblakeslee

Feb 11, 2017, 11:30:46 PM2/11/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Saturday, February 11th - - 4:00 p.m.

I found one of the more unusual Canada Geese I have ever seen.  It was in a grazing flock of geese at Harlow Park, Belleview Ave. and Lowell Blvd., Littleton, Arapahoe Country (just east of Bow Mar).  This bird is normal size, has a white body, and the neck and head have normal coloration.

Chris Blakeslee
Centennial, CO

KevyG...@aol.com

Feb 12, 2017, 9:58:47 AM2/12/17
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

I wonder if it's the same bird folks saw at Monte Vista NWR last March?  Pix by Donna Forrest attached (I hope).

Keep Smilin',
Kevin Corwin
Centennial, CO

Sent from my Remington Rand Typewriter via my Wall Phone

In a message dated 2/12/2017 1:25:19 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, cob...@googlegroups.com writes:
chrisblakeslee <corvi...@aol.com>: Feb 11 09:30PM -0700
MonteVistaCraneFestival020.JPG
MonteVistaCraneFestival021.JPG

Rosanne J.

Feb 12, 2017, 12:08:20 PM2/12/17
to Colorado Birds

Hi Chris,
  I would venture to say this is the same goose I saw Friday, February 3rd at the fringe of the playing fields behind Sheridan High School, near the playground of the Sheridan Rec Ctr. The neck was brown, which I think shows in my photos, and the feet are not black. I Googled leucistic goose and saw similar images as opposed to images of a hybrid goose. I thought it was very pretty!
Rosanne J.
Centennial

Patrick O'Driscoll

Feb 13, 2017, 12:48:53 AM2/13/17
to roosh...@yahoo.com, Colorado Birds
We also had one on Jan. 28 in Denver at Washington Park's Smith Lake (near where a bunch of folks were looking at the yellow-bellied sapsucker in trees nearby)

2017 - JAN28 - WASHPARK - CAGO LEUCISTIC BOW.jpg