Scarlet Tanager - Larimer

Kathy and Jeff Dunning

May 11, 2016, 3:41:48 PM5/11/16
to Colorado Birds, Kathy and Jeff Dunning
Greetings all -

Early this morning I had an adult male Scarlet Tanager in the tall cottonwoods above the bathroom at the Colorado State University Environmental Learning Center in Fort Collins.

The bird flew in and the color caught my attention.  I managed to get a few decent pictures which I'll attach to my eBird report when I get it submitted.  Within about five minutes, the bird disappeared off to the north-north-east.

I suspect this is the same bird seen previously in the Lee Martinez Park area.

Keep your eyes open.

Good birding,
Kathy Mihm Dunning
Denver