Organization: Free Knowledge Institute
recently I was informed about a contest for open design and bottom-up
projects from the Open University of Catalonia (UOC) in Barcelona. It's
going to be international and focused on bottom-up free knowledge, peer
produced projects. They have several categories of which in at least one
I could imagine we might engage in (like Resources).
The projects that get selected get mainly attention and help. As I
understand they will want to end up with one winning project in each
category that gets to be realised.
Maybe we can propose one of the many cool projects worked on in OSE?
The jury is full with people from the free culture, p2p movements, like
Michel Bauwens from the P2P Foundation and Olivier Schulbaum from the
crowdfunding platform Goteo.org.
quoting from "UOC&Plugged" (that's the name for the contest):
An ideas competition to reinvent ourselves.
* 3 phases.
* 8 categories.
* 17 weeks of debating ideas and selecting projects.
* With support from UOC faculty and an international jury.
* Rewarded with training, advice, advertising and media presence.
* With the possibility of putting ideas into practice.
* Take part via the website, app or on the street.
* All supported by a multiformat campaign.