Ooops

1 view

Linde Knighton

Nov 10, 2009, 10:53:14 PM11/10/09
to coalitionsummit, Duncan Autrey, Maryrose Asher, &#39,Joe Szwaja&#39,, ruth bennett, Rachel Hawkridge, Bob Peck, Paul McClintock, Janet Jordan, Larry Pratt

Webmail pamellison

Nov 11, 2009, 5:59:49 PM11/11/09
to coalitio...@googlegroups.com, greenpartymike, dori
Everyone:

I am so pleased with the website.  It is a great start.

I have not been in the group to comment so far, due to competing projects that involve my attention.

One such project that I would like to make you aware of and ask you to consider joining, is a conference call group that is trying to move forward to do exactly what we are wanting to do, form a large cadre of like-minded but completely independent parties or political groups to coalesce around an agenda of issues that might lead to finding some qualified candidates for President in 2012 that are not part of the duopoly in place now.

This group is a Nader conferencing group that is committed to trying to push for state and/or regional conventions that can come together in the coming two years to discuss issues we all may care about and come up with unifying principles so we can really push to turn the tide on the Presidential election in 2012.  My understanding is that Nader is most likely not running for office next time around, but in his new book recently released, he calls for a way of getting people educated through these conventions and then being able to prepare for a large national convention where issues and public policy will be discussed and perhaps we will be endorsing a great candidate for president as well.

I am now a part of that group as is my colleague and friend, Michael Cavlan who also belongs to the newly formed Minnesota Open Progressive Party.  In our state we will not attain party status until we successfully run candidates in next year's election and take a percentage threshold of votes that would determine if we qualify for major or minor status.  In any case we are technically registered under the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board as a Political Committee.  This does not stop us from organizing in our state and coalescing with your all as well.

If we can try to get this thing to grow exponentially by January of 2010, we may be able to hold regional conventions with one another to get to know each other and also to build on the issues base we are all concerned about.

If you are at all interested in being a part of the Conference Call that is held monthly, I believe, I would be happy to send out the link to you if you let me know.  The rule is that two current members need to advocate for anyone that wants to be a part of the list, so we have some frame of reference of the fact that we are all in agreement about our mission.

Please let me know if you are interested, and Michael Cavlan and I will send in your names with our blessing and that is all that is needed.  There are many different groups represented and you may find out that you all actually know someone from your own ranks that may be on the list already.

I would like to suggest that we also ask those on the list for the Conference Call to consider joining our coalition, or to merge the groups if we can discuss that matter on the next call.

It is good to find out there are so many committed people who are willing to be involved in such a HUGE but exciting endeavor.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Best regards,

Pam Ellison
Chair
Minnesota Open Progressives

PS: I have copied in my officers to make them aware of this group and make certain they join as well, with your permission.  They are:

John Vinje - Vice Chair
Dori Ullman - Secretary
Michael Cavlan - Outreach Director

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Linde Knighton <wap...@gmail.com> wrote: