Microsoft / CCIF Update

Reuven Cohen

Mar 28, 2009, 8:50:08 AM3/28/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
By now most of you have seen the various headlines flying around about Microsoft Vs the Open Cloud Manifesto and their commitment to open cloud computing. Over the last couple days we have been continuing to engage in active discussions with Microsoft around ways the CCIF and Microsoft can continue to work together. A few key points of clarification regarding the "Open Cloud Manifesto" Although I had personally being speaking with Microsoft about inclusion of some of their requested alterations to the document, we are dealing with several very large companies with numerous points of contact. Somewhere between the various conversations there seems to have been a miscommunication regarding both the publication data as well as the whether or not there was time to make any final alterations. Going forward we will try harder to make sure there are clearer lines of communications in place to avoid this from happening again.

In our discussions it remains apparent that Microsoft was and still is committed to an open cloud ecosystem. On Monday I will be meeting with a team from Microsoft in New York to discuss how we can foster a stronger open relationship between our two organizations.

I'll keep you posted.

--

Reuven Cohen
CCIF Instigator

gary mazzaferro

Mar 28, 2009, 7:00:21 PM3/28/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
Who will Microsoft be meeting with from CCIF exactly ?

-gary

Geir Magnusson Jr.

Mar 28, 2009, 7:36:14 PM3/28/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the NY area and happy to attend.

geir

Reuven Cohen

Mar 28, 2009, 7:42:18 PM3/28/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
Folks, it's lunch.

I am open for lunch on Tuesday or Drinks Monday evening. I like 18 year old single malt Scotch if anyone wants to join me somewhere and talk about clouds. But please, no smoke filled back rooms since I don't smoke. :)

ruv

Wayne Horkan

Mar 28, 2009, 7:48:53 PM3/28/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
No Reuven,

I think the point is that the community think that someone else as well as you should attend the MS meeting, not meet after to discuss.

That's what Gary and Geir's mails are trying to get at.

It's this exclusive closed inclusive open thing that people seem concerned about.

Especially after your "I am not the "leader" or "instigator" of the manifesto. I am among a broader group of supporters & co-authors of this document, all of which have had equal involvement." email.

Yours,

Wayne

gary mazzaferro

Mar 28, 2009, 9:03:17 PM3/28/09
to cloud...@googlegroups.com
I was going to fly in on Wed, Apr 1. Why is the meeting with M$ 2 days before the start ?

-gary