Access control models in different cloud

Marian87

Apr 16, 2013, 5:03:47 PM4/16/13
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I search info about what access control model is use in what cloud. I'm intersting in Google, Oracle, Microsoft and Amazon Cloud. Moreover i search cloud in which is use RBAC and ABAC model. Does anyone knows anything about it?

townbull

Apr 17, 2013, 7:20:14 PM4/17/13
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
I'm also interested in this topic. Looking forward to a good answer.
I suppose most of them use variants of RBAC model since ABAC is not officially there yet.
Maybe in some cases, a combination of the two. But I'm not sure about the details about each cloud.
A good source of a combined model refers to: http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/SNS/rbac/documents/kuhn-coyne-weil-10.pdf

Sincerely,
Bo

Punithasurya K

Apr 18, 2013, 3:00:26 AM4/18/13
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com

Hi Google and euca using rbac and maximum most of the cloud uses rbac and abac together to ensure secure access control and I'm currently working on access control models in cloud ..

--
-- ~~~~~
~~~~~

Subhasis Dasgupta

Apr 18, 2013, 5:21:51 AM4/18/13
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
Mostly some Discretionary model or some group based access control have been used my most service provider. But specific access control for service oriented model is not available.
can you please specify the problem first ? why do you need the access control model ? what kind of flexibility you want to achieve ?

-Subhasis

Henry Sienkiewicz

Apr 18, 2013, 10:04:02 AM4/18/13
to cloud-c...@googlegroups.com
For all of you follow the US federal model, this is the most current release from the US Defense Department

Henry

Please check out my new book Untangled
How to cope with the entanglements of the social-media driven world
http://www.untangled.thebook.com
Available on most major on-line bookstores