Source code to GAE server

Logan Bowers

Dec 17, 2009, 11:03:42 PM12/17/09
to Closure Compiler Discuss
Hello all,

My site generates a large amount of JS dynamically and I would like to
use the Closure Compressor as a web service either on my servers or
via my own GAE account. Is the source code backing
http://closure-compiler.appspot.com/home available?

Alan Leung

Dec 17, 2009, 11:50:42 PM12/17/09
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately it isn't available and currently we have no plans to release it.

I suspect using the Java API to create a quick servlet to do what you want might be less than 15 mins of work.

-Alan

Nick Santos

Dec 18, 2009, 12:24:36 AM12/18/09
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
This
http://blog.bolinfest.com/2009/11/calling-closure-compiler-from-java.html
is a pretty good sample on how to run the compiler from Java.

The only gotcha is that you have to call compiler.disableThreads(); to
run it on GAE.

Nick