too many commandline inputfiles

Sven Hecht

Jul 13, 2010, 4:28:44 AM7/13/10
to Closure Compiler Discuss
is there a way to use a kind of inputfiles file? I got over 60 input
files in an about 9000 characters long commandline...needless to say
that that wont work.
I could concatenate all files in one big first and then use that one
as input, but I wont get the mapping file this way.

Sven Hecht

Jul 13, 2010, 9:24:52 AM7/13/10
to Closure Compiler Discuss
found a solution:
it is possible to use more files with Ant
http://code.google.com/p/closure-compiler/wiki/BuildingWithAnt

Jon Bringhurst

Jul 13, 2010, 11:57:16 AM7/13/10
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
Here's an ant script I've been using to call closure for a project
I've been working on that has 50 or so files to compile:

http://github.com/fintler/lanyard/blob/master/build.xml

-Jon

bolinfest

Jul 14, 2010, 11:33:25 AM7/14/10
to Closure Compiler Discuss
You may also want to check out plovr: http://code.google.com/p/plovr/

The basic idea is that you create a config file that identifies the
directories where your Soy and JS files live, as well as the Compiler
options that you want to use when compiling. As explained on the
Getting Started page (http://code.google.com/p/plovr/wiki/
GettingStarted), you can run plovr in either "server" mode or "build"
mode with the config file. In server mode, your JS and Soy are
dynamically recompiled every time you load a URL, so you can use that
URL in a <script> tag for fast development. In build mode, you just
run plovr with a config file and it prints the compiled version (of
whatever you've configured) to standard out.

An example of plovr running in server mode is at (take a loop at the
<script> tag loaded by the page): http://plovr.org/demo/advanced-demo.html

And you can see the size breakdown of what is being compiled at:
http://plovr.org:9810/size?id=demo&mode=ADVANCED

I fixed a number of bugs and added a lot of new features over the
weekend. The documentation is pretty light at this point, but it's
there! As mentioned on the roadmap (http://code.google.com/p/plovr/
wiki/Roadmap), I'm planning to expose more compiler options and add
support for modules in the (hopefully near) future.

Cheers,
Michael

On Jul 13, 11:57 am, Jon Bringhurst <fint...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's an ant script I've been using to call closure for a project
> I've been working on that has 50 or so files to compile:
>
> http://github.com/fintler/lanyard/blob/master/build.xml
>
> -Jon

John Lenz

Jul 14, 2010, 8:44:59 PM7/14/10
to closure-comp...@googlegroups.com
This is an open issue for this: http://code.google.com/p/closure-compiler/issues/detail?id=162

I think it would be easy to implement for anyone who wants to contribute to the project.  We use args4j and the command-line handling is here: