Conj arrivals and Thursday night...

Andrew Gwozdziewycz

Oct 18, 2010, 12:32:12 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Conj goers,

I'm scheduled to arrive around 6:30, and after I check in am planning
to spend the rest of the night writing code. Anyone want to help
commandeer a random lobby to join in on the fun?

Andrew
--
http://www.apgwoz.com

Ryan Waters

Oct 18, 2010, 1:47:01 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I probably wouldn't be able to show up until 8:00pm but I'd be
interested in getting on the 'list' for said group.

Thanks,
Ryan

lprefo...@softaddicts.ca

Oct 18, 2010, 2:12:43 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Count me out, pretty sure I'll need a drink by the time I arrive (21:00).
I like so much airplane travels, livestock receives more attention from their
carriers than airline passengers these days. Meuh !

Luc P.

Ryan Waters <ryan....@gmail.com> wrote ..

Peter Buckley

Oct 18, 2010, 2:20:51 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I'll be arriving between 9:30 and 10pm, and I expect to be up for some
coding or a drink, or perhaps a little of both.

-Peter

--
The king’s heart is like a stream of water directed by the Lord; He
guides it wherever He pleases.

Kyle R. Burton

Oct 18, 2010, 4:13:50 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Several of us are car pooling down from Philly and should be arriving
some time between 6 and 8pm. I will be hoping to drop off our bags
and get dinner somewhere and otherwise be social with other
conferencegoers. Are there any recommendations for dinner the night
before? Any social events or get-togethers on Thursday evening?

Regards,

Kyle

> --

Twitter: @kyleburton
Blog: http://asymmetrical-view.com/
Fun: http://snapclean.me/

Toni Batchelli

Oct 18, 2010, 5:56:02 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I'll be in by 7pm or so. I am down for coding and coffee, or drinks and no coding, or what the hell, drinks and coding, but then no git commits...

Toni.

Antoni Batchelli
- twitter: @tbatchelli , @disclojure
--- email: tbatc...@gmail.com
----- web: tbatchelli.org , disclojure.org

Eric Lavigne

Oct 18, 2010, 5:59:42 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
> Hey Conj goers,
>
> I'm scheduled to arrive around 6:30, and after I check in am planning
> to spend the rest of the night writing code. Anyone want to help
> commandeer a random lobby to join in on the fun?
>
> Andrew

Count me in. Sounds like a great way to kick off the conference. My
plane gets in at 1:39, so I can also meet earlier if anyone is up for
it.

Also looking for a Saturday evening activity, since the after-party
ran out of tickets so quickly. Am I the only Clojurian who didn't
check for new mail between 1:22pm and ~4pm, or are there just a lot
more Clojurians than I imagined? :-)

Looking forward to meeting everyone in a few days!

Eric Lavigne
352-871-7829
http://twitter.com/ericlavigne
lavign...@gmail.com

Seth

Oct 18, 2010, 7:18:15 PM10/18/10
to Clojure
What's this about an after party?
> lavigne.e...@gmail.com

Eric Lavigne

Oct 18, 2010, 7:32:43 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
> What's this about an after party?

I received an email today at 1:22pm with the following link, but when
I tried to register at ~4pm it said sold out. More recently, tickets
became available again and I have one printed out on my desk.
Hopefully there's one left for you, too. :-)

http://conjafterparty.eventbrite.com/

lprefo...@softaddicts.ca

Oct 18, 2010, 7:33:19 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hu ? What party ? Where ? When ?

Luc

Seth <seth.sc...@gmail.com> wrote ..

lprefo...@softaddicts.ca

Oct 18, 2010, 7:34:57 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
No email received but just got one :)))

Luc P.

Eric Lavigne <lavign...@gmail.com> wrote ..

Michael Ossareh

Oct 18, 2010, 9:01:19 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Eric Lavigne <lavign...@gmail.com> wrote ..
> > What's this about an after party?

jealous :(

/me darns this startup life that doesn't permit travel

Andrew Gwozdziewycz

Oct 18, 2010, 5:13:05 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Kyle R. Burton <kyle....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Several of us are car pooling down from Philly and should be arriving
> some time between 6 and 8pm.  I will be hoping to drop off our bags
> and get dinner somewhere and otherwise be social with other
> conferencegoers.  Are there any recommendations for dinner the night
> before?  Any social events or get-togethers on Thursday evening?

I don't know of any social events going on. I had considered trying to
have a Clojure specific Hack and Tell (http://hackandtell.org) because
there are certainly more than enough crazy and cool things happening
in clojure to warrant it, but it sounds like arrivals would make it
hard to coordinate some sort of effort like that. I'd certainly be
willing to take part in some sort of social event, dinner or
otherwise, and code afterwards (I don't drink, so I'll still be sober
:)).

I'd also certainly like to catch up with Philly folks (provided I know
them, (or meet them if I don't)).

--
http://www.apgwoz.com

Christopher Petrilli

Oct 18, 2010, 6:02:28 PM10/18/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I'll be driving down from DC, and probably arriving between 5-6. Just
as a note, I'd highly recommend not being anywhere near DC between
4-8p due to traffic. It could easily add 2 hours to your trip.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Kyle R. Burton <kyle....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
| Chris Petrilli
| petr...@amber.org

Sean Allen

Oct 19, 2010, 10:08:10 AM10/19/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I get in after a 9 hour train ride around 4:40 + time from train station.
Would certainly be up for some non amtrak food once I arrive.

Brian Marick

Oct 19, 2010, 10:29:49 AM10/19/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Oct 18, 2010, at 11:32 AM, Andrew Gwozdziewycz wrote:

> Hey Conj goers,
>
> I'm scheduled to arrive around 6:30, and after I check in am planning
> to spend the rest of the night writing code. Anyone want to help
> commandeer a random lobby to join in on the fun?

I'll be at the hotel around the same time, would be happy to join.

-----
Brian Marick, independent consultant
Author of /Programming Cocoa with Ruby/
www.exampler.com, www.exampler.com/blog, www.twitter.com/marick

patrickdlogan

Oct 19, 2010, 11:49:02 PM10/19/10
to Clojure
I should be at the hotel around 6pm. Code, coffee, drinks,
conversation all sound equally fine to me.

Alex Miller

Oct 21, 2010, 12:00:54 AM10/21/10
to Clojure
The Revelytix crew will be in around dinner time on Thursday. I'm
happy to spring for food during the hackathon courtesy of Strange Loop
or take a group out to dinner - whatever happens to be convenient.

Alex Miller

Sean Allen

Oct 21, 2010, 12:51:40 PM10/21/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
What hackathon?

Nick Brown

Oct 21, 2010, 4:01:25 PM10/21/10
to Clojure
As opposed to other times in which DC metro traffic is any better?

That's actually what I'm braving Saturday evening as I'm leaving the
conference early to get to my high school reunion.

On Oct 18, 6:02 pm, Christopher Petrilli <petri...@amber.org> wrote:
> I'll be driving down from DC, and probably arriving between 5-6.  Just
> as a note, I'd highly recommend not being anywhere near DC between
> 4-8p due to traffic.  It could easily add 2 hours to your trip.
>
> | petri...@amber.org

Andrew Gwozdziewycz

Oct 24, 2010, 4:47:45 PM10/24/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, this didn't actually happen. There were too many people
scattered around getting dinner, eating at the bar, talking at the
bar, etc, which worked out fine too.

--
http://www.apgwoz.com