Is ClojureCLR converging toward a release?

Mike K

Sep 23, 2010, 11:26:18 PM9/23/10
to Clojure
It was mentioned about six weeks ago that ClojureCLR was mostly 1.2
compatible with a few outstanding issues and a couple dozen failing
tests. What is the status now? Is there still an intention of an
official binary release with 1.2 level functionality, or has that
target been dropped?

Thanks,
Mike

dmiller

Sep 24, 2010, 11:24:50 AM9/24/10
to Clojure
I tagged a 1.2 release on the site.

I have not put a separate 1.2 download or a binary release out there
yet. Someone has contributed an entirely new build process for
ClojureCLR that includes support for either 3.5 or 4.0 builds, better
binary managment on the builds and some other goodies. Just waiting
for that person's CA to be processed by Rich.

-David

eyeris

Sep 24, 2010, 3:24:03 PM9/24/10
to Clojure
I am very encouraged to hear this. I'm looking forward to the binary
release.

Mike K

Oct 5, 2010, 12:13:31 AM10/5/10
to Clojure
David, Rich: any further updates on this?

Mike

dmiller

Oct 11, 2010, 6:39:49 PM10/11/10
to Clojure
Check out the downloads area on http://github.com/richhickey/clojure-clr.
Grab clojure-clr-1.2.0.zip. Unzip, start up Clojure.Main.exe and you
should be running. The zip also contains Clojure.Compile.exe, which
you can invoke with command line arguments indicating files to
compile. The support DLLs for the DLR are included. These are debug
builds for .Net 3.5 only.

Within the next day or so, the master branch will updated with a new
build process that will create debug and release builds for 3.5 and
4.0. Future binary distributions will be available in all four
flavors.

The new build process and extension to .Net 4.0 requires the
ClojureCLR project to move to Visual Studio 2010. It will simplify
getting started for developers, too. It's ready to go. I just have
to get the wiki pages updated.

-David

Mike K

Oct 11, 2010, 10:50:26 PM10/11/10
to Clojure
Fantastic! Great job David and everyone else who contributed.

Mike

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

eyeris

Oct 13, 2010, 6:26:57 PM10/13/10
to Clojure
Thank you for all the work you've put into this!

On Oct 11, 5:39 pm, dmiller <dmiller2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Check out the downloads area onhttp://github.com/richhickey/clojure-clr.
> Grabclojure-clr-1.2.0.zip.  Unzip, start up Clojure.Main.exe and you
> should be running.  The zip also contains Clojure.Compile.exe, which
> you can invoke with command line arguments indicating files to
> compile.  The support DLLs for the DLR are included.  These are debug
> builds for .Net 3.5 only.
>
> Within the next day or so, the master branch will updated with a new
> build process that will create debug and release builds for 3.5 and
> 4.0.  Futurebinarydistributions will be available in all four
> flavors.
>
> The new build process and extension to .Net 4.0  requires theClojureCLRproject to move to Visual Studio 2010.  It will simplify

Miki

Oct 14, 2010, 2:06:44 AM10/14/10
to Clojure
What's the status on Mono?