Clojure User Survey, preparation for 1.1

1 view

the.stua...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2009, 4:55:46 PM11/23/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFJSd1p4YXh0d0VxV0xjdk42MTU5RkE6MA

Clojure User Survey

This user survey will help move Clojure toward an official 1.1 release.

Bill Allen

Nov 23, 2009, 8:31:31 PM11/23/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Stuart, I think there's another valid option for "getting" clojure. I got it by installing the unfortunately titled "Emacs Starter Kit" from http://github.com/technomancy/emacs-starter-kit. I has an install clojure option that does most of the work of installing clojure, clojure-contrib and setting up slime in a way that gets one going very quickly.

Regards,
Bill

David Brown

Nov 24, 2009, 2:27:41 AM11/24/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:55:46PM +0000, the.stua...@gmail.com wrote:

Since the form only lets me answer one answer for each, but reality is
much more complicated.

>How do you get Clojure? *
>
>Download release
>Github
>Maven or Ivy

I primarily use the latest development snapshot that I pull down with
Maven/Ivy.

But, I also keep a git workspace and bounce between master and new.

As far as chunked sequences, I started using clojure after they were
already in place, so I don't really have anything to compare it with.

David

bOR_

Nov 24, 2009, 3:44:17 AM11/24/09
to Clojure
Can we get an option 'leiningen' at "how do you get clojure"?

Meikel Brandmeyer

Nov 24, 2009, 4:04:57 AM11/24/09
to Clojure
Hi,

On Nov 24, 9:44 am, bOR_ <boris.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we get an option 'leiningen' at "how do you get clojure"?

I think this is basically Maven/Ivy, no?

Sincerely
Meikel

David Brown

Nov 24, 2009, 4:52:06 PM11/24/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Leiningen includes, within it's own Jar, a particular version of the
clojure snapshot, which is why it currently only compiles against the
one built into it. It uses Maven to download other dependencies, but
not Clojure itself.

David

Stuart Sierra

Nov 25, 2009, 11:22:44 AM11/25/09
to Clojure
On Nov 23, 4:55 pm, the.stuart.sie...@gmail.com wrote:
> Clojure User Survey

First wave of results (258 responses)

How do you get Clojure?
19% Download release
69% Github
8% Maven or Ivy
4% IDE / Package manager

What distribution of Clojure do you use primarily?
32% 1.0 release
12% I picked one development snapshot and stuck with it
9% I use the latest development snapshot
35% I follow Github "master" branch
9% I follow Github "new" branch

What about chunked sequences?
56% I don't know what they are