Clojure 1.1 release

Rich Hickey

Dec 31, 2009, 9:18:41 AM12/31/09
to Clojure
Clojure 1.1 is now out:

http://clojure.googlecode.com/files/clojure-1.1.0.zip

It contains several new features and many bug fixes and small
enhancements. Many people contributed ideas, patches, docs, testing,
feedback etc to this release - it truly was a community effort.

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clojure/tickets?milestone_id=93750&tickets_report_id=5

See the changes file for more details on the new features:

http://github.com/richhickey/clojure/blob/1.1.x/changes.txt

Many users have been running this code for a while now from the git
repository, so I hope it continues the tradition of stability.

Without diminishing the efforts of any others, I'd like to call
attention to the following:

Chris Houser has been helping me with patch commits and management of
the Google Group. His efforts are invaluable to my staying focused on
core issues.

Christophe Grand got his head around the transient mechanism and
implemented it for several of the data structures, in addition to
pursuing some of my more speculative ideas (with great success). This
was a big help to me.

Tom Faulhaber has done a terrific job moving the API docs to a much
better automated system hosted in the github repo:

http://richhickey.github.com/clojure/

To them, and everyone involved in the project - many thanks!

Rich

Seth

Dec 31, 2009, 10:24:13 AM12/31/09
to Clojure
Congratulations to all involved! I've been using 1.1 via the master
branch for a while and had no problems.

Howard Lewis Ship

Dec 31, 2009, 11:27:43 AM12/31/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Is this available via a Maven repo yet and, if so, what version of
clojure-contrib is compatible (and stable?).

Can't want to check out some of the new features!

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 7:24 AM, Seth <seth.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratulations to all involved! I've been using 1.1 via the master
> branch for a while and had no problems.
>

> --

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Phil Hagelberg

Jan 2, 2010, 1:01:36 AM1/2/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com> writes:

> Is this available via a Maven repo yet and, if so, what version of
> clojure-contrib is compatible (and stable?).

I just added the 1.1.x branch to build.clojure.org, so you can use
http://build.clojure.org/snapshots to get it. It looks like contrib has
finally had its version number bumped, though it hasn't had an official
release, so 1.1.0-master-SNAPSHOT works for it.

-Phil

ngocdaothanh

Jan 2, 2010, 9:23:51 AM1/2/10
to Clojure
If http://build.clojure.org/snapshots is official, I think it is great
to add a link to it to the homepage of Clojure.

On Jan 2, 3:01 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Is this available via a Maven repo yet and, if so, what version of
> > clojure-contrib is compatible (and stable?).
>

> I just added the 1.1.x branch to build.clojure.org, so you can usehttp://build.clojure.org/snapshotsto get it. It looks like contrib has

Howard Lewis Ship

Jan 2, 2010, 3:34:33 PM1/2/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Generally with Maven you want to seperate snapshots from final
releases; I'd be more confortable with http://build.clojure.org/repo
or http://build.clojure.org/maven as the root path.

Brian Schlining

Jan 2, 2010, 3:47:54 PM1/2/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Howard's correct. Generally, SNAPSHOTs and releases are kept in separate repositories. It's not required, but it allows a user to configure their maven pom to grab the latest release of a dependency (for example using syntax like <version>[1.0, )</version> . If you mix releases and snapshots in a single repo, then a build configured to grab the latest version will grab a SNAPSHOT and not a release; probably not what the user intended.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:23 AM, ngocdaothanh <ngocda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If http://build.clojure.org/snapshots is official, I think it is great
> to add a link to it to the homepage of Clojure.
--
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brian Schlining

Brian Schlining

Jan 2, 2010, 3:48:55 PM1/2/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
p.s. Here's a little example of using different repos at Google's official maven repo: http://code.google.com/p/google-maven-repository/wiki/ProjectSetup

Phil Hagelberg

Jan 2, 2010, 11:30:04 PM1/2/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Brian Schlining <bschl...@gmail.com> writes:

> Howard's correct. Generally, SNAPSHOTs and releases are kept
> in separate repositories. It's not required, but it allows a user to
> configure their maven pom to grab the latest release of a dependency
> (for example using syntax like <version>[1.0, )</version> . If you mix
> releases and snapshots in a single repo, then a build configured to
> grab the latest version will grab a SNAPSHOT and not a release;
> probably not what the user intended.

I can see the utility of having a stable-only repository, but I don't
see the point of keeping stable versions out of the other one.

Anyway, I hope to have a stable-only repository available soon on
build.clojure.org, I just haven't gotten around to figuring it out yet.

-Phil