en-clojure : an environment for Clojure (Netbeans Module(s) for clojure coming before the end of April)

Eric Thorsen

Mar 26, 2008, 9:25:55 AM3/26/08
to Clojure
We have been working on a clojure module for Netbeans 6.x that we'll
have an alpha release up within the next several weeks. The initial
feature set will be:
1. Debugging
2. Code folding
3. Completion
4. Source Navigation
5. Integrated REPL running off remote JVM
6. Integration with Java projects
7. Clojure Environment browsing (let you see all namespaces & vars
loaded with meta data within your VM)
8. Syntax highlighting/checking
9. Smart code loading - determines dependancies amongst clojure source
and loads files accordingly.

We are currently using this in house with the feature set listed above
in place with the exception of item 9 which is implemented and is
currently being integrated into en-clojure.

It will be under the Common Development and Distribution License
(CDDL) and the GNU General Public License version 2 with Classpath
exception.

Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Eric

Rich Hickey

Mar 26, 2008, 11:58:36 AM3/26/08
to Clojure

On Mar 26, 9:25 am, Eric Thorsen <eric.thor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have been working on a clojure module for Netbeans 6.x that we'll
> have an alpha release up within the next several weeks. The initial
> feature set will be:
> 1. Debugging
> 2. Code folding
> 3. Completion
> 4. Source Navigation
> 5. Integrated REPL running off remote JVM
> 6. Integration with Java projects
> 7. Clojure Environment browsing (let you see all namespaces & vars
> loaded with meta data within your VM)
> 8. Syntax highlighting/checking
> 9. Smart code loading - determines dependancies amongst clojure source
> and loads files accordingly.

I've seen this app in action and it is very cool.

Rich

jonathan...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2008, 12:52:58 PM3/26/08
to Clojure
I've written 5000 lines of Clojure code mostly in notepad2.exe, though
I've largely now switched over to NB.

This is fabulous news.

I very very much look forward to getting my creaking paws on this.

Jonathan

Duane

Mar 27, 2008, 5:32:33 PM3/27/08
to Clojure
I too have been writing a lot of code in Emacs, which works out pretty
well for me but I would dearly like to see some additional
functionality -- like what Slime offers to Lisp or as a plugin for NB
or Eclipse. This NB plugin sounds VERY nice.

-- Duane

On Mar 26, 11:52 am, "jonathan.watmo...@gmail.com"

Sandeep Puri

Apr 10, 2008, 2:48:30 PM4/10/08
to Clojure
Eric,
Any word on the clojure module for Netbeans? I could not find
references to it on the netbeans site..
Thanks
-Sandeep

On Mar 26, 6:25 am, Eric Thorsen <eric.thor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have been working on a clojure module forNetbeans6.x that we'll

Eric Thorsen

Apr 15, 2008, 1:44:25 PM4/15/08
to Clojure
We will have an alpha release out before the Java One conference.

Eric