contrib deprecations and removals

Stuart Halloway

Jul 23, 2010, 9:15:08 AM7/23/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Aaron and I are spending the day cleaning up contrib, starting with marking deprecations in the 1.2 branch. The approach we are taking is

(1) Things are deprecated for one full (minor version number) release (in this case 1.2).

(2) Then things may (and in contrib usually will) be removed.

What this means for you:

* If you are on 1.1 and moving to 1.2, nothing should break for you, but you may find that things you are using are marked deprecated.

* If you are a snapshot kind of person, then as soon as 1.2 goes final, some contrib things will start to disappear. You need to get off things in contrib that are deprecated.

If this is crazy in some way please warn us now!

Stu