ANN: VimClojure v2.1.2 released

1 view

Meikel Brandmeyer

Jul 26, 2009, 5:09:51 AM7/26/09
to vimcl...@googlegroups.com, clo...@googlegroups.com
Dear vimming Clojurians,

I'd like to announce a bugfix release for VimClojure.
This release is compatible with Clojure 1.0 and
Clojure-Contrib 919 (in old SVN terms). Other
pre-GTIC contrib versions from Github should also
work. For Clojure(-Contrib) head consider using the
bleeding-edge branch from the repository.

The Ivy configuration will fetch an known-to-work
Clojure(-Contrib) version. For manual compilation,
you have to care for that yourself. A compiled jar
is already included in the distribution in the build
subdirectory.

Changes since v2.1.1:

* Fixed a regression of qualified keywords highlighting
* Fixed a infinite loop if there is no prompt in the Repl buffer
* Made compilation of ng client a bit more comfortable
* Added library configuration for OpenSolaris (thanks to Richard Newman)
* Changed normal invokations to ignore keymappings (reported by James
Reeves)
* Fixed typo in lispwords: defmethod -> defmulti
* Added letfn to lispwords
* Added c.c.def/defnk to lispwords
* Added #_ and #! as comment indicators to syntax highlighting
(currently only the #_ is marked as comment, the following form
is still highlighted normally.)
* Fixed annoying o/O delay bug
* Simplified plugin installation

The release can be found at the usual places:
http://kotka.de/projects/clojure/vimclojure.html
http://bitbucket.org/kotarak/vimclojure

Sincerely
Meikel

Perry Trolard

Jul 28, 2009, 8:53:05 AM7/28/09
to Clojure
On Jul 26, 4:09 am, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:
> I'd like to announce a bugfix release for VimClojure.

Thanks, as ever, Miekel.

> * Fixed annoying o/O delay bug

A dream cometrue!

Perry

Meikel Brandmeyer

Jul 28, 2009, 9:03:48 AM7/28/09
to Clojure
Hi,

On Jul 28, 2:53 pm, Perry Trolard <trol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > * Fixed annoying o/O delay bug
>
> A dream cometrue!

It's fixed but it feels hackish, since I still don't understand
the problem. I basically "inlined" some functions by trial
and error and suddenly it worked. :( There seems to be
an option, which controls scrolling of error messages,
which causes the delay. With sufficient depth of function
calls this seems to be turned on. At least is this my suspicion.
However I could not reproduce it with a simple example...

Anyway, it works now! Hope it stays that way. :)

Sincerely
Meikel

kjellski

Aug 14, 2009, 1:56:34 PM8/14/09
to Clojure
Hey Meikel,

first of all, thanks for your work. It just fun to code Clojure with
that
plugin.

I've found a nice little trick from Jonathan Palardy. I thought this
would
be a nice place to feature him a bit.

First, a pretty cool video how it feels in action:
http://blip.tv/file/1370310/

And here the great post about how that works in detail:
http://technotales.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/like-slime-for-vim/

All the kudos to Jonathan Palardy, that changed my work with vim
and clojure and I hope it will change yours too.

Yours,
Kjellski
>  smime.p7s
> 2KViewDownload

Meikel Brandmeyer

Aug 15, 2009, 3:18:23 AM8/15/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Am 14.08.2009 um 19:56 schrieb kjellski:

> And here the great post about how that works in detail:
> http://technotales.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/like-slime-for-vim/
>
> All the kudos to Jonathan Palardy, that changed my work with vim
> and clojure and I hope it will change yours too.

I hope you are aware, that VimClojure can do
all this. You can send expressions to a Clojure
instance, display docstrings, macroexpand
forms.

The screen approach:
+ works also for other languages
- not easily portable to Windows
- only one-way: it can only send commands
but cannot read the result
- it clutters the history of your repl with unrelated
commands

The VimClojure approach:
- works only with Clojure
+ works also well on Windows
+ works two-way: you get features like (halfway)
smart omni-completion, a namespace browser
(which is on the TODO list for quite some time),
go to source location, ...
+ Uses parallel connections: your repl stays clean
Big- uses Clojure itself, so the file needs to be on
the classpath and must be loadable without side
effects (and in particular w/o syntax errors!)

I prefer the VC approach, although the last point
may be of concern to you. For me it works quite
well.

Sincerely
Meikel

ogcraft

Aug 16, 2009, 3:26:42 AM8/16/09
to Clojure
Thanks. It looks very impressive.
I'm using the VIM for all my development.
But could you point me to a clear/understandable explanation how to
use VimClojure. I found how to install and configure it but have no
idea how to start using.
>  smime.p7s
> 2KViewDownload

kjellski

Aug 17, 2009, 7:19:07 AM8/17/09
to Clojure
@Meikel:

Yes, I do know, but at the start I´ve had some trouble with the ng
server and the configuration. I thought, as a "buildin"-alternative
it
completes the possibilities. But nevertheless, it´s a quite nice
"hack"
I think.

@ogcraft:

I would recommend you to start reading the vimclojure/doc/clojure.txt
But just to give you a hint for starting: Start a nailgun-server with
the
shellscript in the vimclojure folder and try this in inside of vim in
command mode:

\sr

If you don´t have changed the LocalLeader as a special key, this
should
open you a buffer with a repl. Then you can eval the whole file with:

\ef

And in visual mode just a region with:

\eb

Hopefully I´ve reminded these right...