Clojure & Contrib "master" & "new" on build.clojure.org

dysinger

Dec 12, 2009, 4:18:33 PM12/12/09
to Clojure
I created addition pairs of maven snapshot CI builds for clojure &
contrib.

Repository : http://build.clojure.org/snapshots

"master":
org.clojure:clojure:1.1.0-master-SNAPSHOT
org.clojure:clojure-contrib:1.1.0-master-SNAPSHOT

"new"
org.clojure:clojure:1.1.0-new-SNAPSHOT
org.clojure:clojure-contrib:1.1.0-new-SNAPSHOT

This makes an easy way to play & follow along with Rich's
"new"snapshot code in your project.

example:

<project>
<!-- snip -->
<properties>
<clojure.version>1.1.0-new-SNAPSHOT</clojure.version>
</properties>
<!-- snip -->
<repositories>
<repository>
<id>clojure-snapshots</id>
<url>http://build.clojure.org/snapshots</url>
<snapshots>
<enabled>true</enabled>
</snapshots>
</repository>
</repositories>
<!-- snip -->
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.clojure</groupId>
<artifactId>clojure</artifactId>
<version>${clojure.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.clojure</groupId>
<artifactId>clojure-contrib</artifactId>
<version>${clojure.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</project>

NOTE: Your entire build chain must use "master" or "new" and not mix
the two or you will encounter the dreaded "NoSuchMethodError:
clojure.lang.RestFn."

-Tim

liebke

Dec 12, 2009, 8:18:59 PM12/12/09
to Clojure
Thanks Tim! I've put together an experimental build of Incanter using
the new builds:

http://groups.google.com/group/incanter/browse_thread/thread/94b30744fee1095e

I ran into a minor issue with Clojure's new branch that I was able to
work around but couldn't diagnose (more details in the linked post).

David