Anyone on Google+ yet?

Claudia Doppioslash

Jul 14, 2011, 1:12:23 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
My Clojure circle is all set up but empty.
My g+ is: http://gplus.to/gattoclaudia

Please add link to your profile below.

Joop Kiefte

Jul 14, 2011, 2:06:46 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
http://profiles.google.com/ikojba

2011/7/14 Claudia Doppioslash <claudia.d...@gmail.com>
My Clojure circle is all set up but empty.
My g+ is: http://gplus.to/gattoclaudia

Please add link to your profile below.

Adam Burry

Jul 14, 2011, 2:15:08 PM7/14/11
to Clojure
The man himself:
https://plus.google.com/101598622654270873929/posts

On Jul 14, 3:12 pm, Claudia Doppioslash

Allen Johnson

Jul 14, 2011, 2:22:43 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
> Please add link to your profile below.

https://plus.google.com/101461247790324463561/posts

Vivek Khurana

Jul 14, 2011, 2:24:05 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

gplus.to/vivekk

regards
Vivek

Tuba Lambanog

Jul 14, 2011, 2:42:14 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Adam

Jul 14, 2011, 3:14:28 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Jonathan Cardoso

Jul 14, 2011, 3:15:32 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

.Bill Smith

Jul 14, 2011, 4:10:49 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Brian

Jul 14, 2011, 4:12:32 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Charlie Griefer

Jul 14, 2011, 4:17:46 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

https://plus.google.com/115906367193916269897/

--
Charlie Griefer
http://charlie.griefer.com/

I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love
my wife. And I wish you my kind of success.

Sergey Didenko

Jul 14, 2011, 6:08:23 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
IMHO, it's worth to add "Clojure" to your Sparks.

Mine:
https://profiles.google.com/109116565377929735698

Sergey Didenko

Jul 14, 2011, 6:31:01 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I wrote on Google+, but I feel it can left unnoticed with the current message pace.

Let's not post our common messages to the Clojure Circle to make it more useful.

P.S. Posting to "Public" also posts to "Clojure".

Justin Lilly

Jul 14, 2011, 6:33:06 PM7/14/11
to Clojure
http://gplus.to/justinlilly

On Jul 14, 10:12 am, Claudia Doppioslash

ianp

Jul 14, 2011, 7:00:04 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Ian

Looks like G+ is pretty popular with the Clojure crowd :-)

Devin Walters

Jul 14, 2011, 7:09:19 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
http://gplus.to/devn

--
Devin Walters

On Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM, ianp wrote:

> Ian (https://plus.google.com/110915919730271680589)

> Looks like G+ is pretty popular with the Clojure crowd :-)
>

> --

> clojure+u...@googlegroups.com (mailto:clojure+u...@googlegroups.com)

Neal Jansons

Jul 14, 2011, 7:37:08 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

rberger

Jul 14, 2011, 7:52:38 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Sean Corfield

Jul 14, 2011, 7:55:21 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, ianp <ian.ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like G+ is pretty popular with the Clojure crowd :-)

I've been using it for a while and I don't see the point. With
Facebook for *friends* and Twitter for tech talk (and LinkedIn for
professional networking), what purpose does G+ have?

I just found it annoying. I recently turned off all email
notifications and deleted everyone from my circles and disabled most
of the features and now, apart from the occasional annoying red
notification icon in Gmail, I can completely ignore it.

Is it just a case of "ooh, shiny! Google released a new toy!" or is
there actually some tangible useful benefit to a developer being on
G+?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Islon Scherer

Jul 14, 2011, 8:17:13 PM7/14/11
to Clojure
http://gplus.to/islonscherer

On Jul 14, 8:55 pm, Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, ianp <ian.phill...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like G+ is pretty popular with the Clojure crowd :-)
>
> I've been using it for a while and I don't see the point. With
> Facebook for *friends* and Twitter for tech talk (and LinkedIn for
> professional networking), what purpose does G+ have?
>
> I just found it annoying. I recently turned off all email
> notifications and deleted everyone from my circles and disabled most
> of the features and now, apart from the occasional annoying red
> notification icon in Gmail, I can completely ignore it.
>
> Is it just a case of "ooh, shiny! Google released a new toy!" or is
> there actually some tangible useful benefit to a developer being on
> G+?
> --
> Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
> An Architect's View --http://corfield.org/
> World Singles, LLC. --http://worldsingles.com/
> Railo Technologies, Inc. --http://www.getrailo.com/

Luc Prefontaine

Jul 14, 2011, 8:24:02 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
G+ stands for what ? Gräfenberg zone + ?

--
Luc P.

================
The rabid Muppet

tonyl

Jul 14, 2011, 8:28:20 PM7/14/11
to Clojure

Charlie Griefer

Jul 14, 2011, 8:56:00 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Sean Corfield <seanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it just a case of "ooh, shiny! Google released a new toy!" or is
> there actually some tangible useful benefit to a developer being on
> G+?

Not to get too far OT here, but I think there's definitely _potential_.

I organize my social networks the same way you do: twitter for the
programming community at large, and Facebook for family/friends (I
have LinkedIn as well, but rarely bother with that).

G+ could potentially eliminate the need for two separate networks, and
consolidate the "programming community" and "personal" into one single
network organized by circles.

Even within Facebook... there may be something that I want to share
with friends, but I don't necessarily want my Mom to see. G+ would
handle that nicely, by letting me share something with everybody in
the circle that's called, "People who are not my Mom".

Obviously the big question is going to be whether or not everybody
else migrates over to it... and I do agree that right now there's the
shiny novelty factor, but I do think it has potential to be a
legitimate and efficient one-stop-shop for social networking amongst a
variety of social groups.

Dave Ray

Jul 14, 2011, 9:36:38 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
http://profiles.google.com/daveray

maybe this is a dumb question, but am I supposed to manually add
everyone on this thread in G+? Seems a little unwieldy.

dave

Kyle Root

Jul 14, 2011, 7:56:02 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
gplus.to/Kylert

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM, ianp <ian.ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian
>
> Looks like G+ is pretty popular with the Clojure crowd :-)

Claudia Doppioslash

Jul 14, 2011, 9:44:52 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Yep, you're supposed to add everyone by hand and yes, it is totally unwieldy.
That's the way it is right now.
Circles are private and every user is supposed to make their own.

cla

Nick Brown

Jul 14, 2011, 10:31:38 PM7/14/11
to Clojure
It looks to me like it will have decent potential once all Google's
services get integrated it in. So you can post stories from Google
News and Google Reader, share Google Docs with a circle, create a
circle based on a Google Group and all its members automatically get
added...
Oh well, until then, we can just indulge in the "Ooh Shiny!" mindset.
http://gplus.to/nwbrown

On Jul 14, 8:56 pm, Charlie Griefer <charlie.grie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Sean Corfield <seancorfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is it just a case of "ooh, shiny! Google released a new toy!" or is
> > there actually some tangible useful benefit to a developer being on
> > G+?
>
> Not to get too far OT here, but I think there's definitely _potential_.
>
> I organize my social networks the same way you do: twitter for the
> programming community at large, and Facebook for family/friends (I
> have LinkedIn as well, but rarely bother with that).
>
> G+ could potentially eliminate the need for two separate networks, and
> consolidate the "programming community" and "personal" into one single
> network organized by circles.
>
> Even within Facebook... there may be something that I want to share
> with friends, but I don't necessarily want my Mom to see. G+ would
> handle that nicely, by letting me share something with everybody in
> the circle that's called, "People who are not my Mom".
>
> Obviously the big question is going to be whether or not everybody
> else migrates over to it... and I do agree that right now there's the
> shiny novelty factor, but I do think it has potential to be a
> legitimate and efficient one-stop-shop for social networking amongst a
> variety of social groups.
>
> --
> Charlie Grieferhttp://charlie.griefer.com/

Allen Johnson

Jul 14, 2011, 10:42:50 PM7/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
> Yep, you're supposed to add everyone by hand and yes, it is totally unwieldy.
> That's the way it is right now.
> Circles are private and every user is supposed to make their own.

I'm definitely liking it so far. Although I do find myself avoiding
public posts to avoid spamming everyone in the Clojure circle but
maybe I'm thinking about it too much. Because of this experiment I'm
following lots of interesting people that I otherwise might not have
found.

We all share a common interest in clojure -- this is a fun way to see
what other interests we all share.

Allen

> cla
>
> 2011/7/15 Dave Ray <dav...@gmail.com>:
>> http://profiles.google.com/daveray
>>
>> maybe this is a dumb question, but am I supposed to manually add
>> everyone on this thread in G+? Seems a little unwieldy.
>>
>> dave

Angel Java Lopez

Jul 15, 2011, 6:08:23 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
https://profiles.google.com/ajlopez2000
Thanks!

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Claudia Doppioslash <claudia.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
My Clojure circle is all set up but empty.
My g+ is: http://gplus.to/gattoclaudia

Please add link to your profile below.

Frank Gerhardt

Jul 15, 2011, 6:25:36 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

glen lenker

Jul 15, 2011, 5:07:39 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Renfer

Jul 15, 2011, 7:33:37 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Claudia Doppioslash

<claudia.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Clojure circle is all set up but empty.
> My g+ is: http://gplus.to/gattoclaudia
>
> Please add link to your profile below.
>
> --

http://gplus.to/duck1123

Florian Over

Jul 15, 2011, 8:02:34 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Ben Smith-Mannschott

Jul 15, 2011, 8:25:58 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 19:12, Claudia Doppioslash

<claudia.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Clojure circle is all set up but empty.
> My g+ is: http://gplus.to/gattoclaudia
>
> Please add link to your profile below.

https://plus.google.com/117672714007923674182

// Ben

Jeremy Heiler

Jul 15, 2011, 9:53:23 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Is Google+ invite based? How did all of you get a profile?

Claudia Doppioslash

Jul 15, 2011, 10:07:53 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's invite-based. Invite sent to your gmail :)

2011/7/15 Jeremy Heiler <jeremy...@gmail.com>:

> Is Google+ invite based? How did all of you get a profile?

Sergey Didenko

Jul 15, 2011, 10:09:19 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy, I can send you an invitation. Do you need it?

Jeremy Heiler

Jul 15, 2011, 10:14:09 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Claudia Doppioslash
<claudia.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's invite-based. Invite sent to your gmail :)

Thank you so much!

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Sergey Didenko
<sergey....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeremy, I can send you an invitation. Do you need it?

Claudia beat you to it ;-) But thank you!

Sergey Didenko

Jul 15, 2011, 10:17:30 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Well, if you are going to spam, I guess Claudia will be penalized :)

Elías Alonso

Jul 15, 2011, 10:36:41 AM7/15/11
to Clojure

Christopher Redinger

Jul 15, 2011, 10:40:44 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I am also on Google+

Please freel free to add me to you Clojure circles.

Jeremy Heiler

Jul 15, 2011, 10:40:45 AM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Sergey Didenko
<sergey....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if you are going to spam, I guess Claudia will be penalized :)

Right now I can only spam all of you. And, well, I can safely do that
right here ;-)

Link: https://plus.google.com/100568537112681351664

Toni Batchelli

Jul 15, 2011, 2:26:25 PM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
https://plus.google.com/tbatchelli

I can't create one for disclojure yet. Support for Organizations
"coming soon", or so it seems.

Toni.

> --

Antoni Batchelli
- twitter: @tbatchelli , @disclojure
--- email: tbatc...@gmail.com
----- web: tbatchelli.org , disclojure.org

Toni Batchelli

Jul 15, 2011, 2:27:17 PM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Claudia Doppioslash

Jul 15, 2011, 2:12:37 PM7/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

gyomalin

Jul 16, 2011, 4:50:24 PM7/16/11
to Clojure

jweiss

Jul 17, 2011, 2:47:30 PM7/17/11
to Clojure

jweiss

Jul 17, 2011, 2:50:02 PM7/17/11
to Clojure
This does bring up an interesting flaw in G+. If I add Clojure people
who I don't know personally, how will they know to add me to a Clojure
circle? G+ (rightfully) doesn't automatically tell them what circle I
added them to. It doesn't appear to be optional to tell them, either.

Joop Kiefte

Jul 17, 2011, 4:20:16 PM7/17/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I just check if the people in the "people you have both in a circle" match up with my clojure-circle ;) easy enough :D

Tassilo Horn

Jul 21, 2011, 5:56:17 AM7/21/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Roger Austin

Jul 21, 2011, 8:22:56 AM7/21/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Eric Budd

Jul 21, 2011, 11:15:39 AM7/21/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Simon Holgate

Jul 21, 2011, 2:26:13 PM7/21/11
to Clojure
Hi, has anyone got a spare invite for me, please? :)

On Jul 15, 3:09 pm, Sergey Didenko <sergey.dide...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeremy, I can send you an invitation. Do you need it?

Tassilo Horn

Jul 22, 2011, 7:55:16 AM7/22/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Simon Holgate <simon....@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi, has anyone got a spare invite for me, please? :)

I did so. :-)

Bye,
Tassilo

Simon Holgate

Jul 22, 2011, 3:22:55 PM7/22/11
to Clojure
Thank you, Tassilo!

Simon Holgate

Jul 23, 2011, 11:18:35 AM7/23/11
to Clojure
Here's my shiny new account...
http://gplus.to/sjh123

On Jul 21, 7:26 pm, Simon Holgate <simon.holg...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi, has anyone got a spare invite for me, please? :)
>
> On Jul 15, 3:09 pm, Sergey Didenko <sergey.dide...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Jeremy, I can send you an invitation. Do you need it?
>
> > On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Jeremy Heiler <jeremyhei...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > IsGoogle+invite based? How did all of you get a profile?

MHOOO

Jul 24, 2011, 12:26:27 PM7/24/11
to Clojure
I've never been fond of facebook, mainly because there is this
tendency to have a lot of people in your friends list whom you barely
know. G+ seems to do better with circles being private. Anyone mind
giving me an invite? Its Thomas....@googlemail.com

Dave Ray

Jul 24, 2011, 3:00:08 PM7/24/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Invite sent in case someone else didn't send one already.

Cheers,

Dave

MHOOO

Jul 24, 2011, 3:28:09 PM7/24/11
to Clojure
Thanks Joop Kiefte & Dave Ray!

On Jul 24, 9:00 pm, Dave Ray <dave...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Invite sent in case someone else didn't send one already.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave
>

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM, MHOOO <thomas.karol...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I've never been fond of facebook, mainly because there is this
> > tendency to have a lot of people in your friends list whom you barely
> > know. G+ seems to do better with circles being private. Anyone mind
> > giving me an invite? Its Thomas.Karol...@googlemail.com

Alen Ribic

Jul 24, 2011, 4:37:04 PM7/24/11
to Clojure