[ANN] Clojure 1.3 Beta 3

Christopher Redinger

Sep 2, 2011, 10:46:22 PM9/2/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Clojure 1.3 Beta 3 is now available at

The list of changes:
* Load resources when baseLoader() is null (CLJ-673)
* Equiv overload added for primitive booleans
* Documentation updates for juxt and defrecord (CLJ-815, CLJ-736 respectively)

We think this is ready to be tagged as the 1.3 release. Any showstopper bugs that cause you to disagree? Let us know!

Thanks!

--
Chris Redinger
Clojure/core

cri

Sep 4, 2011, 10:15:05 AM9/4/11
to Clojure
Is there a list of everything new in 1.3? Thanks

Sean Corfield

Sep 4, 2011, 3:51:52 PM9/4/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 7:15 AM, cri <chuck.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a list of everything new in 1.3? Thanks

Looks like four commits since beta2:

https://github.com/clojure/clojure/commits/master

load resources when baseLoader() is null, refs #673
CLJ-815 de-alpha docstring for juxt
CLJ-736 docfix
add equiv overload for primitive booleans

The overall change list is here:

https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/master/changes.txt

but that doesn't quite list *everything* - it's a very good summary tho'...

Bear in mind the biggest changes for 1.3 (c.f. 1.2) are in the contrib
libraries:

http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/Contrib+Library+Names
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://www.getrailo.com/

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Sergey Didenko

Sep 5, 2011, 3:23:31 AM9/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Great news!

Is good documentation on new 1.3 features also coming?

Stuart Sierra

Sep 5, 2011, 2:27:51 PM9/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, release notes are in progress here:  http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/1.3

Stuart Sierra
clojure.com

cran1988

Sep 5, 2011, 11:18:18 PM9/5/11
to Clojure
I love you all !!!

Brent Millare

Sep 6, 2011, 11:27:35 PM9/6/11
to Clojure
I'm confused about the notes on section 2.2 Better Exception
Reporting.

There is a link to the Error Handling notes but it only lists several
approaches for handling errors, but it doesn't describe how messages
will be reported better in this release.

I feel this would be a good place to provide some examples.

-Brent